Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike store in Galway?

Options
  • 08-11-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of any store that sells bikes. pref 2nd hand 1s?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

The bike to work scheme is as good if not better than opting for second hand. Any of the bike shops in Galway city will advise you on it and some will even process the application. You can get a new bike worth €200 for just over €100 so it is worth it if you are in a position to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

ya it wil be to get to work..how does that scheme work in lay man terms? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bildo

ard do roher, on yer bike on prospect hill.

Best by far

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

liam12989 wrote: »
    ya it wil be to get to work..how does that scheme work in lay man terms? :D

It's all here:
    http://www.biketowork.ie/?gclid=CPqq0K32qKwCFYEZ4QodOzpc_Q

You can organise it at work or let the bike shop do it, either way you only pay the reduced price which can be up to half the cost, depending I think on your taxi bracket. A few in our office did it and they say it is very straight forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

What's the nearest bike shop to the Claddagh? Pedal fell off my bike and need it put back on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

What's the nearest bike shop to the Claddagh? Pedal fell off my bike and need it put back on!

West Ireland Cycles on Dominick Street accross from Roisin Dubh (appx)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

West Ireland Cycle is closed, I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

Seaneh wrote: »
    West Ireland Cycle is closed, I think?
    Not really ... they've moved / consolidated to Europa near the cathedral.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

FYI if looking for a new bike (good time to look at 2011 models as 2012 are out now) you might sanity check local prices against www.cyclesuperstore.ie. I saved hundreds on my bike during their Jan sale. They worked nicely with the Bike2Work scheme and I was able to do it all online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Nigel's Cycles across from the Travelodge would be my recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

ourtrail wrote: »
    Nigel's Cycles across from the Travelodge would be my recommendation!

too expensive. kearneys way better on price. recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

Any opinions on Halfords, they have a 50% sale at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Not really ... they've moved / consolidated to Europa near the cathedral.

Ya the store across from the Roisin has closed and they have moved to Nun's Island? Where on Nun's Island is it? Gonna leave my bike in tomorrow morning to get fixed, unless someone else knows of a better bike shop that's also quite close to Claddagh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Bike was robbed yesterday, wheres the best place to get an adults bike second hand? Under 100 preferably!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In one of the stores mentioned above. You can also check www.adverts.ie or donedeal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Bike was robbed yesterday, wheres the best place to get an adults bike second hand? Under 100 preferably!

Did u report it to Mill St. they might have one there for ages they might give you..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Did u report it to Mill St. they might have one there for ages they might give you..

Reported it, they don't have any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

West Side Cycles were selling ex-rental bikes fully serviced for €99 with 2 services in the first 6 months. Nice bikes too.

Not sure if they've any left, was a couple of weeks ago. They're in the corner unit here: http://g.co/maps/f2z9y

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Guy I know got one free off Freecycle, he just asked had anyone an old bike, and next thing he's got one. Needed a few parts from Kearney's but the total cost was under €20. I heard a few people went the same route as well.

http://www.freecycle.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

try the place down by the cathedral, it's opposite it, entrance is just after teh bridge, that side road that goes to the rowing club.

Seems like a nice person and good prices

Advertisement