Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mouthwash Question

• 08-11-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Recently I suddenly developed what turned out to be an acute periodontal abscess. I had antibiotics, then had the site treated and thankfully it went away. I have always really looked after my teeth and still have them all. But I have been told that while my teeth were all fine, the gums were not in good condition. I have learned my lesson and am now using inter-dental sticks and brushes and have changed my brushing style as shown. Yesterday I had the first of four deep scaling and planing sessions.
    I have been using Kin mouthwash twice a day for two and a half weeks. I have read that it is not good to use this indefinitely, but of course I want to keep my mouth as clean as possible and prevent the abscess from coming back. Should I now change to a different one? Should I get an antibacterial one such as Listerine Anitibacterial Mouthwash?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Op this has come up a few times, if you do a search of the forum you will find some really good info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

if you get an interdental toohtbrush, and brush your teeth like this, you'll be grand. take your time at it though, if it takes you 10 minutes to do it right, then do.
    mouthwash is a short term thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI39zKjZ2GA&feature=youtu.be

that's besides regular check ups!

Advertisement