Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raleigh Vector-what's it worth?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

God almighty I'd forgotten how aweful they looked!
    I was talking to a boardsie about them not so long ago and he was saying that some of them can go for good money if in good nick, I think the white ones make more cash than the black ones, but I could be wrong!!
    If I were you I would google for some neerdy forums and the likes.
    Some one out there will pay good money for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Holyboy wrote: »
    God almighty I'd forgotten how aweful they looked!
    I was talking to a boardsie about them not so long ago and he was saying that some of them can go for good money if in good nick, I think the white ones make more cash than the black ones, but I could be wrong!!
    If I were you I would google for some neerdy forums and the likes.
    Some one out there will pay good money for it.
    Hey, who are you calling nerdy :)

Op do you mean the Raleigh Vektar? The black Vektar is a rarer colour than the white, red or grey, the black is also single speed compared to the others which are sturmey archer 3 speed, does it have a working console? some vektars were sold without the console and sometimes added later if finances allowed.
    As for value...hard to know without seeing it or at least a few pics, in good condition with a working console and the console keys you could get up to €120.
    Let me know if you're interested in selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That is all kinds of awesome.

I'd ride it wearing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Lumen wrote: »
    That is all kinds of awesome.

I'd ride it wearing this.

I'm not sure that helmet is EN 1078 certified.

I remember thinking these bikes were the coooooolest thing you could get - they still exude all kinds of awesomeness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

That bike was the one every kid wanted back in the 80's(along with the Raleigh Burner) so would be worth a good few quid to the right person once in fully working order...

I remember it was around IR£340 in the lbs when i was a kid.... Which is probably the equivalent of €2,040 now!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

vektarman wrote: »
    Hey, who are you calling nerdy :)

Op do you mean the Raleigh Vektar? The black Vektar is a rarer colour than the white, red or grey, the black is also single speed compared to the others which are sturmey archer 3 speed, does it have a working console? some vektars were sold without the console and sometimes added later if finances allowed.
    As for value...hard to know without seeing it or at least a few pics, in good condition with a working console and the console keys you could get up to €120.
    Let me know if you're interested in selling.

And which radio is on it?

I always wanted one so I could be this guy:

STREET+BIKE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

^^^^^^ Streethawk????

Airwolf was better.......

airwolf+attack+mode+helicopter+advanced+hybrid+concept+hovercopter.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Come on, we all know this is the bike to have....

esb_ad1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    That bike was the one every kid wanted back in the 80's(along with the Raleigh Burner) Which is probably the equivalent of €2,040 now!! :D
    I was only saying that to a friend of mine a while back i think my dad payed 360, I had both of them bikes when i was a kid, but i remember Christmas morning coming down to that Vector, I was one happy ( and lucky kid) that Christmas. I also got a White Lambo Trasnformer :)

Advertisement