Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furballs or ?

• 08-11-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

My cat has recently started to do this hacking, retching noise. I don't think it is a cough - it is more like he has something and he's trying to bring it up, but never does. It only happens once a day AFAIK, normally in the evening - it may last for 10 or 20 sec and his whole body is moving with the effort. I got him some expensive furball formula and it seems to maybe have reduced the severity of it, but it is still happening. He is otherwise well - eating and acting normal. He is a shorthair cat.

Does this sound like furballs or is a trip to the vets in order?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭saleda

Sounds very much like furballs to me. It can be quite frightening to watch. When I was growing up our cats did that a lot. However, the cat we have now rarely does it but we feed it almost solely on dry food. What sort of food do you feed your cat?

Advertisement