Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to silence Power Max complete by Visonic.

• 08-11-2011 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi first, time user. Had a powermax complete installed a couple of weeks ago. Wireless system works well. The only thing is the keypad beeps and the so called happy tune when it is being armed.

I have gone through the manual and yes I was able to mute the piezo countdown beeps and disable the voice prompts but cannot mute the keypad or the happy tune, which is not too happy when your late into bed and arm the system!!!!

Also this unit is placed beside the bed and there is a buzzing noise like a tacograph or transformer. Not too bad during the day as there is a lot of normal home noise but at night in the quiet it is quite irritating.
    So has anyone any idea how to:
    1. mute the keypad
    2. mute the happy tune
    3. sort out the buzzing

Thanks for looking.......Cania:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

I am not sure about being able to mute the happy tune as you call it, it is more of an indication of the system being ready to arm or armed. The buzzing is the transformer. Not much you can do about that either as that is where it gets its power supply from.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cania

Thanks anyway for your reply.

Your welcome, sorry I could not help more.

H i Altor,just to let you know I got sorted.
    Seemingly Visonic updated this panel with extra piezo beeps or happy tune as its known(the four beeps when arming is complete or when the right item is completed when using the keypad). Anyway there is a seperate speaker for all these piezo beeps. If the panel is opened there is a small white push in connector on the circuit board . If this is removed gently it will do the following

1. mute the keypad
    2. mute the happy tune
    3. sort out the buzzing

The buzzing sound was also related to this piezo connection.
    You will still have the voice prompts once enabled for daytime use but if muted for night time use the result is a total soundfree panel which is ideal when situated beside a bed as when activating the alarm at bedtime you can see the visual lights arming and no sound to disturb anyone else.:D
    .......cania

cania wrote: »
    H i Altor,just to let you know I got sorted.
    Seemingly Visonic updated this panel with extra piezo beeps or happy tune as its known(the four beeps when arming is complete or when the right item is completed when using the keypad). Anyway there is a seperate speaker for all these piezo beeps. If the panel is opened there is a small white push in connector on the circuit board . If this is removed gently it will do the following

1. mute the keypad
    2. mute the happy tune
    3. sort out the buzzing

The buzzing sound was also related to this piezo connection.
    You will still have the voice prompts once enabled for daytime use but if muted for night time use the result is a total soundfree panel which is ideal when situated beside a bed as when activating the alarm at bedtime you can see the visual lights arming and no sound to disturb anyone else.:D
    .......cania

Hi cania,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Does disconnecting the piezo connection also turn off any trouble beeps if there is any problems with the control panel or the sensors ?

• Advertisement

Hi Altor

I don't know for sure about the trouble beeps but I'm guessing that they could be, due to all other piezo beeps seem to be routed through the one speaker.

regars
    Cania

cania wrote: »
    Hi Altor

I don't know for sure about the trouble beeps but I'm guessing that they could be, due to all other piezo beeps seem to be routed through the one speaker.

regars
    Cania

I would be very careful doing this then as you have no real indication without the trouble beeps. It is a solution that works for you and if you use the control panel in the bedroom you will see the faults on the screen. Just a warning as they are there for a reason.

Hi Altor,

yep totally agree with you and good advice for anyone thinking of doing same. With the panel in this mode it should be visually monitored and as you say it suits for my situation.

best regards

Cania...........

Advertisement