Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another comeback of sorts :)

Options
  • 09-11-2011 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭

I have a had a few logs at this stage and tend to over do it from time to time.
    This log is starting tommorow as I have got new inserts for my shoes and have to break them in gradually.
    my plan is to run easy miles till x-mas,then I will start some progression runs and tempos with things leading to Connemara on the 1st of April.
    I look forward to all feedback good and bad over the coming months.

Last few days;
    Sunday 75mins 7min pace(yes im a plonker)too fast and too far.
    Monday 35mins 8min pace to work.
    Tuesday 7.5 miles 7.15 pace with Ecoli.

My last injury was my achilles and is still slighty at me.Have booked in with the laser clinic in 6 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

I have a had a few logs at this stage and tend to over do it from time to time.
    This log is starting tommorow as I have got new inserts for my shoes and have to break them in gradually.
    my plan is to run easy miles till x-mas,then I will start some progression runs and tempos with things leading to Connemara on the 1st of April.
    I look forward to all feedback good and bad over the coming months.

Last few days;
    Sunday 75mins 7min pace(yes im a plonker)too fast and too far.
    Monday 35mins 8min pace to work.
    Tuesday 7.5 miles 7.15 pace with Ecoli.

My last injury was my achilles and is still slighty at me.Have booked in with the laser clinic in 6 weeks.

Best of luck with it am running in conn myself. Will follow with interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Best of luck with it am running in conn myself. Will follow with interest.

Have you ran Conn before?i picked it mainly beacuse it's not too far way but can give me enough time to get fit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Good Luck with training K, I'm expecting great things!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Have you ran Conn before?i picked it mainly beacuse it's not too far way but can give me enough time to get fit again.

Nope. Im doing the ultra. Fancied something different after a few marathons in a row. You can show me how to train properly for the half :)

headed down to the club tonight but not many around.The fit4life group had huge numbers in both men and women.
    Great to see so many out and they where doing 6-8miles.
    Saw a club mate Colin and while waiting on him did some drils and ballistic stretching.
    Run was in the phoenix park and pace average 8minutes per mile.
    I was using my new shoe inserts which i got of a guy called Michael Davis in a clinic called wellshod.While I have used 3 differn't types of conventional orthotics i decided to give these a go as many top runners have been using with success including sean Connolly,Brain Maher and many others.
    They are a foam based orthotic and while i suppinate i find it hard to find a shoe that works for me.Hopefully the injuries will stay away.
    Miles:5
    Shoes:Saucony Cortana
    WEEK TO DATE:16MILES

• Advertisement

Is the Achilles behaving itself?

Long day at work today but was still looking forward to my run which is a good sign:D

Did a 10minute warm up to my parents house and chatted to my mam for about 30mins while stretching.

Decided to up the pace tonight;
    distance was 4.5 miles from kilnamangh to Chapelizod.
    Tried to run as relaxed while maintaining 6-6.10 pace.
    Looking back at the run I ran it a little hard in patches but no reaction
    to achilles and a good blow out.

Distance:5.5miles
    Week to date:21.5miles

Morning run and boy it was tough.Im not a great morning persona nd it takes me a couple of weeks to adjust to morning runs.
    Looking out at the weather now im glad i have it out of the way.
    Im booked in with Ciaran mcdonagh in lucan for a butchering later.

Distance:3.5miles
    Week to date:25miles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I'm the same takes a couple of weeks to get in the morning runs particularly pre 7am

Morning run again @ 8.am :eek:
    Ran with my mate Aido in phoenix park for an Hour approx 8.5miles.
    legs abit heavy after my treatment last night.
    Spent 45minutes with Ciaran last night who did some realignment work,dry needling and then I was put into a compression machine for my legs.

Distance:8.5miles
    Shoes:Brooks glycerin
    Week to date:33.5miles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Good to see you back. Sounds like a heavy physio session!

10am run in phoenix Park this morning with Aido.Ran very slow and relaxed but legs felt heavy.
    My left foot was very tight before the run so did soem massage with golf ball and got some relief.
    Ran for 85minutes and then went to the clubhouse for some stretching.Lower back very tight and calfs.
    distance covered 11.5miles.been a tough first week back and felt like I ran more.

Distance:11.5miles
    week1: 45miles

9am moring ru of 30mins,bit of a slog and achilles tight to begin with.
    ran on the roads :mad:

Distance:4miles
    week2:4miles

Up at 6.30 am for my earliest run in a long long time.Met Kevin M in the phoenix park which was still dark so had the head torch on.
    Didn't see one runner during the run which goes to show the drop in running after the marathon.
    people will wait till the New year after they have put on extra weight to get back.
    Wore my mizuno wave rider which didnt work well with my new orthotics as they cut the arch off my right foot.
    im half tempted to run the Jingle Bells but will be too soon to take any positives from a race.mayb new years 5k might be an option.
    My achilles was the best it's been in a long time this morning and spent some time stretching my alfs before the run.

Distance:8miles
    Shoes:Mizuno Rider
    week2: 12 miles

Evening run with two mates Conor and Gary.they where doing a track session in Santry of 9 x 400m average pace 61-62,was class to watch.
    Gary having just ran 2.26 in Dublin and Conor a 4.03 miler.
    I slogged around in 8min pace :rolleyes:

I have decided on a Marathon in the Spring with a 12-14 week build up.
    few more weeks of building up the miles to 60-65 before starting.
    Selecting the marathon now is a tough one.
    Any suggestions???

Distance:5miles
    week2: 17 miles

Always a good Boards crowd for Barcelona!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

An Irish marathon? Barcelona is the 25th of March, that could be a dodgy date for you to book! :)

Barcelona too close.Copenhagen anyone ran before?

Barcelona too close.Copenhagen anyone ran before?

Cork is a great show, it'd mean pushing it out til June though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Has to be Rotterdam, good fast course a few boardsies going over and most importantly it's in about 19 weeks time, April first which should be within your attention span :D then take a month off before getting ready for the track in the summer. I'm going with a similar plan, only that I've replaced Rotterdam with the Berlin half.

• Advertisement

am run to work 4miles @ 8min pace
    pm run consisted of a hard 1mile in 5.30 and the stretch for 1hour followed by 32mins running (4.5miles)

Distance:9.5
    week2: 26.5 miles

Woddle wrote: »
    Has to be Rotterdam, good fast course a few boardsies going over and most importantly it's in about 19 weeks time, April first which should be within your attention span :D then take a month off before getting ready for the track in the summer. I'm going with a similar plan, only that I've replaced Rotterdam with the Berlin half.

Im due my first kid 21st of March so 1st April might be touch and go.Rather book one 2-3 weeks after that date.Rotterdam would be class alright.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

About 4 or 5 from the club registered for Rotterdam so far I think. Seems to be a decent sized group going.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Im due my first kid 21st of March so 1st April might be touch and go.Rather book one 2-3 weeks after that date.

Oh yeah, you'll have loads of time for running then :pac:

RayCun wrote: »
    Oh yeah, you'll have loads of time for running then :pac:

Cheers Ray,you know any good babysitters :D

Im due my first kid 21st of March so 1st April might be touch and go.Rather book one 2-3 weeks after that date.Rotterdam would be class alright.

Pain and pleasure in equal measure. ;)

Just to cover all the elements around picking a date, there's a 2 week settling in period with a new baby, then you find out whether you're likely to get some or any sleep for the next 6 years! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Cheers Ray,you know any good babysitters :D

If it's either of your parents first grandkid you're sorted.

Woddle wrote: »
    If it's either of your parents first grandkid you're sorted.

Unless like myself and my other half, your entire support network lives 120 miles away!

Morning run at 7am
    Was late getting up so missed my training partner :(
    First 30mins was a struggle,body tired after the double yesterday.
    Pace picked up but was more concerned with feeling comfortable.
    Ran in the phoenix park for 75minutes and then headed up to the folks house in tallaght where i stretched,re fuelled and played silly games with my niece.

Distance:14.5 miles
    Shoes:Mizuno enigma
    week2: 41miles

• Advertisement

Rest day today :D
    Have cycled over 100miles this week as well as the runnign and feeling it today.
    Tommorow im running a 10k Time trial to see where im at,should be fun :rolleyes:

Im thinking 37.30 would be a realistic start.

Advertisement