Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another comeback of sorts :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

4mile run monday
    8 x 1k in 3.25,25,25,25,21,21,20,17 recovery 90 secs.Total 13miles-tue
    30mins am & 30mins pm.Calfs where tight from mizuno universe flats last night and longish session.-wed

95mins last night with 15min pick up at the end.
    Massage with Vinny Mulvey this morning and 4 mile run.
    Legs feel great now as calfs where very tight.

1HOUR 10MINS AM AND 10MINS PM.

For once I stuck to my race plan and I got the best out of myself for my current level of fitness.I ran 6minute miles until a tough7th mile where I fell of the pace with a 6.15.Last 2miles in 9.15 on a serious downhill got me home in 58.30 which was good enough for 8th place.

Suprised the legs not too bad today just quads and calfs abit tender.
    Ran 30mins am easy and 30mins steady pm @ 6.30 pace.

• Advertisement

Decided to go down the club and jump in the session as legs feeling ok.
    Did a dynamic warm up for 30mins and 2mile jog.

Session was 10 x 400m hills and picked up the pace as session went on.Last couple I was huffing and puffing a little.
    1mile cool down after.

Morning run 30mins and I was trotting very slowly.Glutes are a little tight from the session.

Rest day today,took a lift to work and glad of it.Even though my mileage is low for me right now im doing alot of small doubles.

Plan on a long run tommorow morning up around the dublin mountains at 7am if I can get out of bed.

After an early morning wake up call from EJ I was in no mood to do a long run.Left the run till after work yesterday and ran 10.5miles at 7-7.30 pace.Weird feeling but felt tough and long,maybe its all the short doubles I have been doing and lack of long runs on a Sunday have made me soft.

Todays session I met Tunguska and plan was 3 x 2miles in 9.40-45.
    first one I felt was a little too fast and after a first 1k in 3.15 I was thinking im never gona finish this session.After we hit the 2k mark I began to drift back and in the last 800m dug deep to try close the gap.Finished up in 11.04 and not looking forward to the rest.
    Rep two I seem to be more relaxed and finished up in 11.04 again.
    Last rep was easy and pushed hard after the mile mark and finished up running 10.49
    Best session in a while and seem to be getting fitter each week.

Long run tommorow :D

90minute run today just slogged around with Gary in the Phoenix park.
    Solid weeks training !!!

• Advertisement

Off to the dentist today to get a tooth removed.Silly me didn't realise how much it would hurt after so left my run till 9.30pm.
    met up with Gary and conor which was great to have company.Ran 9miles at 7min miles.
    Session tommorow on my own as the missus is working in the evening.

Another messy day:

Ran 3miles early and then did 10miles at 10.30pm.Couldn't make it down to the club.

Large bar of caramel and bagof jellies was favoured more than a session and a power nap.
    Notmotivated to run today just goes to show I need a plan.
    Have signed up for abig event in the new year and my training will change alot.
    Will start the programme on the 11th DECEMBER.

decided to get the finger out and headed out the door at 8pm as the missus came home early from work.

8 x 1k average 3.19's with fastest rep 3.12 and slowest 3.22
    2mile warmup and 2.5miles cooldown.

10miles very easy today.

Very busy day at work and getting things organised for the Jingle Bells 5k tommorow.Just managed to get out for 4mile run this morning.
    Going to give the race a go tommorow,no realtime in mind but reckon im 10seconds a k down from the summer so sub 16.50 would be a start.

Now to decided which race shoes to wear :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

I bought the below as my first ever pair of racers the other day. They were on sale in startfitness and looked relatively stable so I gave them a whirl. Initial impressions are positive. Recommend any other racers for a relatively large runner? I may branch out next time and try some different pairs.

http://www.saucony.com/store/SiteController/saucony/productdetails?productId=4-105660

Good choice for a first pair,too many people buy something too light to start with.Small medial post gives a touch of support also.

You normally wear pegasus?

Plenty ofother options eg lunar racer,ST5.Depends on the distance and level of cushioning you want/like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

You normally wear pegasus?

Yeah. I like the Pegasus. They are big and heavy but stable for me. Will probably only wear the racers in one session a week on top of races of half marathon distance and under.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

TW sorted me out with the ST5s and I'm delighted with them. Actually ran Dublin in them. Great shoe and perfect for me as I normally wear the bricks that are kayanos. That reminds me TW I need to find a replacement trainer, I've a pain in my hole with the price and weight of them. I'll be down Sunday :)

Well mixed feelings today as last minute I decided to give the race a miss.

Mixed because I nailed the session of 5 x 1mile in average 5.10 off 2mins recovery.plenty of time to race though and a cross country race next Sunday is on the agenda.
    2mile warmup and cooldown

• Advertisement

First run with the new pram today,was tough up hills but loved it.
    Did 1hour 40mins at around 7.10 pace
    Best weeks training in a long time.

Very busy day at work and with my wife working I had to leg it home from work to pick her up.
    Normally I would be screwed as the wife wouldn't get home till 9.30 and it's either leave it at 3.5miles or head out late.
    With the purchase of the new pram this has changed things.

Headed to the park and ran 8miles steady and even bumped into a friend of mine who was on one of his last runs before Eurocross.

Total miles 11.5 and a happy baby :D

Total miles 11.5 and a happy baby :D

Does baby just totally chill out when you run with buggy? I have a running buggy and have still to bring the youngest out in it yet, the eldest fellah is mental and would never stay still so he put me off it but am considering giving it a whirl again.

TRR wrote: »
    Does baby just totally chill out when you run with buggy? I have a running buggy and have still to bring the youngest out in it yet, the eldest fellah is mental and would never stay still so he put me off it but am considering giving it a whirl again.

She is very chilled out and usually sleeps in the second half of a run.

10miles today,couldn't make it down to the club for a session.Left hamstring a little tight so probably a good thing.

Does 25% off sale end tomorrow or is still on Thursday?

Sale finishes up tommorow but if you can't make it in I can take payment over the phone:)

Sale finishes up tommorow but if you can't make it in I can take payment over the phone:)

Cool I'll try make it in tomorrow at some stage, was up there at 9.30 this morning as was passing by but you lazy bastards hadn't opened yet ;)

you lazy bastards hadn't opened yet ;)[/QUOTE]

I won't deny it haha.

Ran 14miles today after work,was seriously icy on the paths.
    Pace was very slow around 7.20-30
    This week I will leave out sessions witha possible cross country on Sunday.(depends on how many pints at a wedding friday)

• Advertisement

Kev I'll be done the weekend again. Do those arm compression sleeves come in size T6? the guns are bulging in the T4. The mrs is having palpitations just looking at the bad boys. I may need a bit of extra room so my impressive definition isn't so obvious :)

Advertisement