Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another comeback of sorts :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

TRR wrote: »
    Kev I'll be done the weekend again. Do those arm compression sleeves come in size T6? the guns are bulging in the T4. The mrs is having palpitations just looking at the bad boys. I may need a bit of extra room so my impressive definition isn't so obvious :)

Must have sold you the kids arm warmers :D

GOH got a ticket to the gun show haha

12miles today as I have to go to a wedding tmrw don't think I will fit in a run.

Just noticed I am back just over 8 week snow.Weighed myself yesterday and have dropped a stone in weight
    which makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Jaysus, a stone off is good work. Pity 4-5 pounds of that are going straight back on today :)

The dancefloor can be a great workout if you can get just drunk enough.....

Jaysus, a stone off is good work. Pity 4-5 pounds of that are going straight back on today :)

The dancefloor can be a great workout if you can get just drunk enough.....

Was only thinking of you on my run this morning,how the hell do you run so early in the morning,it nearly killed me.(never mind do a session)

Ran 40mins very easy,back shower/porridge and up to Vinny mulvey for a massage.
    Total 70mins/9miles
    Note left hamstring tight.

30 mins run Saturday,hungover and tired.

2mile warm up and 2nd place in BHAA 5k cross country.
    Felt strange as it was my first cross country in over 5 years.
    Got a little excited start of the 2nd lap but felt comfortable.
    Did a 15mile cooldown after :D

• Advertisement

very poor days training due to being hungover and lack of time.
    ran 40mins easy,this week can only get better.
    Signed up for Clonliffe 5k on Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Kev I'll be done the weekend again. Do those arm compression sleeves come in size T6? the guns are bulging in the T4. The mrs is having palpitations just looking at the bad boys. I may need a bit of extra room so my impressive definition isn't so obvious :)

All joking aside I may be back down to swap the arm compressions things for a different colour. I look like Michael Jackson in the white ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

All joking aside I may be back down to swap the arm compressions things for a different colour. I look like Michael Jackson in the white ones.

A friend of mine wore his arm warmers for the first time in a cross country race at the weekend and he reckons the abuse hes getting wont be letting up anytime soon. Although you'd think in an age where theres lads using hair straighteners, face creams, and wearing pink in public, that a pair of arm warmers would be excused. And his were black.

tunguska wrote: »
    A friend of mine wore his arm warmers for the first time in a cross country race at the weekend and he reckons the abuse hes getting wont be letting up anytime soon. Although you'd think in an age where theres lads using hair straighteners, face creams, and wearing pink in public, that a pair of arm warmers would be excused. And his were black.

lol

Tonights run was a light hill session at about 80% effort.
    Did 8 reps on a 350m hill.Total miles 11

1 hour 45 mins after work tonight,did the first 70mins very easy and then steady the rest.
    shoes:brooks ghost

• Advertisement

yesterday I did 3miles then 16 x 30seconds (little quicker than 5kpace)
    with 30seconds float after each.3milecooldown.

Today 5miles but a little twinge in my knee so resting tommorow.

Ended up running 5 miles yesterday.

Race went very well today,stuck to my plan and finished up in 16.11 for 13th place although think they got it wrong as I was 14th.
    Ran 3mile warm up and 5 mile cooldown.

1 hour 45minutes this morning,with the 50k not long away time to up the miles.
    twinge still in my left knee has gone from a 2 to a 4 in terms of pain.
    Pace 7minutes per mile or under.
    Going to rest and ice now.

Knee was at me when shopping today so decided to warm up and take it from there.
    Gave me no trouble during session but cooldown was at me.

2.5mile warm up

15 x 400m with 35-40secs jog recovery average 72-73secs
    felt really controlled and the idea now is to hold those times and reduce the recovery to 25-30seconds.
    1.5mile cooldown

great to have a group down at the club.
    Wore Mizuno universe flats during the session.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

15 x 400m with 35-40secs jog recovery average 72-73secs
    Jaysus. In one foul swoop you make my session from yesterday look like crap! Hope the knee gets better.

Injury has hit me again just as im getting into half descent shape.
    Got some electric shock treatment on the knee today.
    Hope fully back for start of new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Injury has hit me again just as im getting into half descent shape.
    Got some electric shock treatment on the knee today.
    Hope fully back for start of new year.

Got that done yesterday myself, whopper stuff. Are you still on for 5k on the 26th?

tunguska wrote: »
    Got that done yesterday myself, whopper stuff. Are you still on for 5k on the 26th?

Its pure class,cant wait to see the results after 2-3 treatments.What it did was pin point the site of the pain.
    Will take it a day at a time regarding race.

Ran 2 x 25mins yesterday pain free.
    took 8 days rest over x-mas with knee.
    Another treatment booked in today.

Not much to report regarding training as im still injured but figured out the reason why I got injured last night.
    going to start a new log in the new year with the hopto be back training second week in Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Not much to report regarding training as im still injured but figured out the reason why I got injured last night.
    going to start a new log in the new year with the hopto be back training second week in Jan.

Don't go keeping us in suspense. What was the reason??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

BTH wrote: »
    Don't go keeping us in suspense. What was the reason??

doing a session of 400s on your knee when it was dodgy?

doing a session of 400s on your knee when it was dodgy?

The session hardly helped but I remember stretching after the a session on the 11th and I was doing a quad stretch lying face down.
    For some stupid reason I decided topull my leg to the outside,pulled on the medial side of the knee too much.

Well time to start logging .Been of now with knee trouble but ran last three days.
    Day one :6minutes
    Day two : 8mins
    Day three 12 mins

Plan to build up slowly with 4-5 runs per week.
    No main goals but to get back running injury free.

Lack of motivation a real problem right now.Spent the day pondering my run and had given up until I thought of my log :)

So off I went for a run at 9.30pm.I don't wear a watch anymore and just ran very easy tonight with a smile on my face.

legs felt great and when I got back had done 33minutes.
    So I will finish up this log in a week or two and start my new log in a quest for a 2.3x marathon in September.Time to kick the sweets and chocolate in to touch and start logging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Looking forward to following the new log (and also trying to kick the sweets & chocolate) :-(

Well busy day today but motivation high.Ran 30mins am to work and then had a meeting after work so ran 2miles there and 2miles home.

Resisted caramel eggs in Dunnes only to get up to my mams and have 2 slices of buiscuit cake :rolleyes:

Running in a new brand of shoes and slowly falling in love with them.Want to run another 40-60 miles before I make an opinion.
    Also using compression and ice after runs which is helping my recovery.
    Need to work on drinking more water during the day.

I plan on running an I.M.R.A race Sunday week as my first hard run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Well busy day today but motivation high.Ran 30mins am to work and then had a meeting after work so ran 2miles there and 2miles home.

Resisted caramel eggs in Dunnes only to get up to my mams and have 2 slices of buiscuit cake :rolleyes:

Running in a new brand of shoes and slowly falling in love with them.Want to run another 40-60 miles before I make an opinion.
    Also using compression and ice after runs which is helping my recovery.
    Need to work on drinking more water during the day.

I plan on running an I.M.R.A race Sunday week as my first hard run.

Trooperstown is a good choice. Long gradual climb that you can work into to get strenght-endurance into the legs. Only one really techical bit so you'll have a good pressure on the aerobic system all the way. Fast fire-road at end.

10mins am and 30minutes pm

• Advertisement

Training although not much catching up on me today.Felt very tired all day but run went well enough.

Ran a little quicker in the middle of the run for 15minutes to test the knee and felt good.
    Total was 45minutes.Ice and compression on now ;)

Meeting a workmate for a run at 8.30am tommorow in phoenix park if anyone fancies it?

Advertisement