Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another comeback of sorts :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

10minute warm up and stretch followed by 45mins steady.Felt tired after 30minutes,endurance is poor right now.

So much for endurance being poor.Ran 16miles today and had company on the run which was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

So much for endurance being poor.Ran 16miles today and had company on the run which was great.

Passing in car, Saw you on the coast i think on way back from howth direction.

Seemed to haved turned a corner now in training and feeling really good.
    Ran 30ins am & 20mins pm today.

Got a free entry in work for the Belfast marathon and is a nice short term goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Good to see its going well.
    What kind of plan are you going to follow? Im just coming back myself from a few weeks out and am thinking about Dublin in the autumn....

• Advertisement

Plan for Belfast is to work on my aerobic fitness.One steady run a week and will start longer out and back runs/progression runs in a few weeks.

Idea with Belfast is to run it 80-90% fit with no time objective yet.

Today I was shattered and ran 80minutes with the pram and my training partner Gary.

Nice steady hour run after work,love running in the rain.Imra race on Sunday I am looking forward to now.

30MINS AM and 30MINS PM but steady @620 pace

Had planned a rest day today but a serious busy day added to my stress levels so hammered a 4mile run after work.

serious work on the grid tonight and using my 110% compression for my knee.

Decided to take a rest day yesterday and ended up staying up late watching crap on the tv.

Trooperstown report:

Got a life of my clubmate Sarah and headed down.Nice when someone knows how to get there as last couple of I.M.R.A races got lost.

Getting lost was to be the story of the day.
    Did a nice 35mins run warmup and was testing my knee ont he downhills and all felt good.
    My plan was to go out very steady run a hard even effort.
    At the start Des who had won last week by nearly 3minutes went of with a lad I knew from Sligo who was running his first I.M.R.A race.
    I settled in 4th place as the two boys went clear.
    After about 1k I was in 3rd and this was my place for the rest of the race.
    My downhill was poor today but I wasn't my usual agressive descent as I wanted to go easy on the body.
    When I crossed the line I was announced the winner,two lads had gone wrong.
    Winner by default but haven gone wrong a few times myself was nice to get a cheeky win.15minute cooldown and a very happy boy :)

• Advertisement

Early morning run to work(30mins) and body felt good but calfs very very tight.

Busy day in work running around but as soon as it ended my calfs and hips very tight.
    Met with my mate Eoin in Tymon park and nice to get my new Puma Fass 500 muddy.Ran for a little over an hour but was very slow.

Buzzing after the weekend but reality check im in poor shape but working on it.Sit down after this week and do up a schedule for Belfast Marathon.

25minutes easy today.My calfs where like rocks.

my training log ain't much to read right now.Most of my days are a run to and from work which is just under 4 miles.

I have finished up work for 6-8 weeks and starting anew venture with Amphibian King.
    Today I ran my evening run a little quicker than my am run.Calfs are still very tight but getting better.

Had a great meeting in our club last night and I am going to put the marathons to the back burner for now and concentrate on bringing my shorter distances down.
    Maybe even a track season awaits me,at 32 I won't have many more good years on the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

A new venture? Do tell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

I have finished up work for 6-8 weeks and starting anew venture with Amphibian King.

Arrrggghhh who is going to sort me out with kinvaras in bulk at short notice.

You have to run **** like this by me first :-)

Good luck with the new venture and training.

All will be revealed when the time is right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

I hope the new venture has a big red ribbon across a door on the northside. One can dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

PaulieC wrote: »
    A new venture? Do tell
    All will be revealed when the time is right :D
    guinang wrote: »
    I hope the new venture has a big red ribbon across a door on the northside. One can dream!

I could just let the cat out of the bag now........

But I won't :P

BTH wrote: »
    I could just let the cat out of the bag now........

But I won't :P

:eek:

Well today was 55mins am,went down to Tymon park and loop back up to my parents house.

Second run was 35mins with the buggy,did 3 x 1min in the middle at 5k pace.

Calfs still in bits but slowly getting better each day.Been foam rolling and self massage.Must try get an appointment with Vinny Mulvey.

Plan is to get to Monday with calfs feeling good again :)

55mins today with the pram.Tommorow im working at the urban trail doing a shop and will probably do the 8k race.
    Long run planned with the club and good gang confirmed so should be great.

• Advertisement

Drove out to the race today and set up shop at the Urban Trail series.

20minute warm up and lined up for the race which was 2 laps of 4.4km
    Off we went and some guy went out infront and was about 20seconds ahead after 1km.I stayed relaxed as a guy with head phones would hardly keep this pace going.My first km was spot on what I wanted to run 3.30

I cuaught the leader after 1.5km but we both managed to go the wrong way so the 3rd guy caught us.
    I picked up the pace at this point(adrenaline flowing after mistake)
    The gap was now 10-12 seconds as we winded through a tricky section in the woods.
    I glanced behind and decided to take the foot of the gas for a little and let the second guy catch up.He came upside as we passed through the first lap and my plan was to hammer the first km of the second lap to burn him off.This worked well as I ran 3.01 km and was well clear.I could now coast home and enjoy the run.
    Second lap was about 30seconds quicker and was well clear at the finish.
    I did my cooldown running back to run the 4km loop with my sister who was running her first ever running race.
    Finished with about 12 miles for the day and calfs tender AGAIN.....
    Long run tommorow at 9am with the club and some friends so can't wait.

90minute run today about 13miles +
    felt sluggish at the start but enjoyed the banter.
    Easy running tommorow and maybe a tempo run Tuesday.

Nice start to the week today,headed out to the phoenix park for a steady 8mile run.Quads a little tender from massage yesterday but legs felt amazing.

New schedule being done up tommorow and going to start a new log as im sick of comebacks :p

Monday:8 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

New schedule being done up tommorow and going to start a new log as im sick of comebacks :p

AK voucher for the best thread title ;)

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    AK voucher for the best thread title ;)

Ok let the names begin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Ok let the names begin :D

ThirstyWork2: Even Thirstier

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Over the hill and off the till!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

"The Next Adventure". ( see what I did there.........)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

Lets get thirsty!

• Advertisement

So after a meeting with my coach I have decided to knock the Berlin marathon on the head.I will do a 5k in 3 weeks to see where im at and then the National 10k on the road.
    After this the emphasis switches to track season where I will race alot of 1500m's.
    After the Summer season in Aug I will then take 2-3weeks of hopefully if my body in one piece.

Today I did 25mins @ 7min pace 20mins@ 5.20-30 pace and 25mins @ 7min pace.Plenty of stretching and foam rolling in the gym after.

Advertisement