Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another comeback of sorts :)

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

I will start with the positives 16.05 was my time which I would have taken before the race.
    I got my ass handed to me by TRR who commited himself and deserved his sub 16(just about 15.59)
    I got pointed out by Meno I was chicked :o

Did 3mile warm up and 5mile cool down.

My splits where 15.50 pace up until 3k and didn't look at watch after.

Racers Mizuno universe

Nice finish to the weeks,ran with the elites today so pace was nice and spicy.
    Ran half in Phoenix park and other half on the canal.

15 miles @ 6.10-15 pace

Loving the improvements each week.

Shoes:Puma fass 500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I got pointed out by Meno I was chicked :o

Yeah but as you pointed out to me, you were only chicked by 1 (olympic athlete :()

Heading down to Tipp today so got dropped off 12 miles from my Nanna's place.Ran an average 4.10 per km and felt tired and tight.
    Flush out session tommorow night and will find out of I made one of my short term goals int he next week(National road relay team)

Shoes:Mizuno Ultima
    WTD:12

Pre warm up and drills tonight for 30minutes.Light session to flush out the legs and a nice small group of 4,we all ran on Saturday and only 20seconds separating us all.
    Did 8 x 2minutes and felt comfortable.Nice cool down and we started our circuits after.

Miles:10.5
    WTD:22.5
    Shoes:Fass/Universe

• Advertisement

Nice easy 45 minutes in the park with coach JD.Hate running in the morning but down for a double today so gota be done.

Adductors very tight after circuit and still not recovered from race and long run.

Shoes:fass 500
    WTD:28

Took out the pram for a spin tonight and ran nice and relaxed.knee started to hurt after 40minutes.
    Not so bad after now so hopefully won't get any worse.
    Got my schedule for the next two weeks and some serious sessions eg 10 x800m and 5 x 1mile.

Tomorrow is a steady 20minute tempo @ 75%

WTD:36 MILES
    Shoes:Fass 500

3mile warm up and 20mins tempo,felt like crap and dropped by 3 training partners.Pcae was only 5.50.Maybe this flu affecting me more than I thought.
    Got some bad news yesterday also which was affecting me.

Today I just hit the road and kept running and running,needed to clear my mind.Ended up running for 3 hours and 40minutes.

Tomorrow is 5 x 5mile @ 5.15 pace,with the weather lately I don't know if this is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

3mile warm up and 20mins tempo,felt like crap and dropped by 3 training partners.Pcae was only 5.50.Maybe this flu affecting me more than I thought.
    Got some bad news yesterday also which was affecting me.

Today I just hit the road and kept running and running,needed to clear my mind.Ended up running for 3 hours and 40minutes.

Tomorrow is 5 x 5mile @ 5.15 pace,with the weather lately I don't know if this is possible.

Hope there are some typos there. 3:40 for a man like you is heading for 30 miles. Following that with even 5x1 miles (hopefully not 5x5) when youre not feeling great might be a bit tough. Dont want to add injury to your hassles when training has been going well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

36534170.jpg

• Advertisement

TYPO 5 X 1MILE

Headed down to the track feeling optimistic about the session but after 1 rep at 5.20 and after 1k on second rep(pace 5.55) decided to pack it in.

Never really get sick(hope thats the problem)

No running but plan a 30minute run tomoroow,got bloods taken at the doc and seem to be over the worst if it now.

Thought I was over the worst and then collpased early this morning and smacked my head of the bathroom floor.
    Another trip to the doctor awaits :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

Thought I was over the worst and then collpased early this morning and smacked my head of the bathroom floor.
    Another trip to the doctor awaits :mad:

Could've been worse, could've been out running fast on concrete....then you'd be taking a trip in the ambulance.

Back on track today although I didn't feel 100% ran 14miles withlast 3 or 4miles just outside 6minute miles.
    Just noticed balls of both feet blistering,this might be due to the 4mm drop on the fass and running a littlemore forefoot.

Tomorrow starts a new week :D

Bad start to April with only a hand full off runs.Feeling run down and stressed so the rest probably do me good.
    Did a light tempo run tonight of 4miles @ 6minute pace.
    Easy week back into it and line up a race end of the month.

45minutes very easy today

Last few weeks I have averaged 65minutes a week.Ran two races and did well considering but following days after not good.Since Monday ran 15mins tue,30 Mins wed,Rest today.
    Plan to get in 5 mins this Sunday and go from there.All roads lead to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Last few weeks I have averaged 65minutes a week.Ran two races and did well considering but following days after not good.Since Monday ran 15mins tue,30 Mins wed,Rest today.
    Plan to get in 5 mins this Sunday and go from there.All roads lead to Dublin.

You are a madman :) I take it the limited running is due to an injury?

• Advertisement

Ye Hip flexor been bad since Jan but manageable up until I ran that Fit 10k.Started to get worse when I introduced speed work.

Ye Hip flexor been bad since Jan but manageable up until I ran that Fit 10k.Started to get worse when I introduced speed work.

Seen as you are posting back in this log and not your other one would it be true to say you have your mojo back but are on another comeback of sorts ;)

If you were able to run a 35 odd minute 10k last weekend and a 76 minute half a few weeks back surely you should be up for more than 5 minutes this Sunday :confused::confused: Sure it will takje you longer to get changed. Assuming you get a good run at things what sort of time would you target in Dublin?

Not going to put a time out till I run a half marathon fully fit.You know yourself getting to the start line the main objective.
    40minutes today with the pram.

Not going to put a time out till I run a half marathon fully fit.You know yourself getting to the start line the main objective.
    40minutes today with the pram.

tell me about it. Hope to run it myself so hope to see you on the star line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

TRR wrote: »
    tell me about it. Hope to run it myself so hope to see you on the star line :)

Is that what all you speedsters call it??

The star line...FFS :D

Advertisement