Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another comeback of sorts :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Dave I had to dig deep for my pb for 10miles.I was thinking if we both beat our pb's we shake hands and all bets are off.Ps what is your pb?

RQ-there was dance moves but they were far from slick :D

City Swift 10 miles 6th September 2003[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Place[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Surname[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Name[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Time[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Company[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    1[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    McGrath[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Tom[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    0:52:41[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Zurich Bank[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    2[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Comey[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Gerry[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    0:53:30[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Aer Lingus[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    3[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Bedford[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Bobby[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    0:54:36[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Cadbury Ireland Ltd[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    4[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    English[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Kevin[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    0:55:12[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Individual[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    5[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Carey[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    David[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    0:55:26[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Welch Allyn Ltd[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    6[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Fleming[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Paul[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    0:56:11[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Irish Dairy Board[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    7[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Stokes[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Clive[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    0:56:18[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Individual[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    8[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Fitzpatrick[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    David[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    0:56:33[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    NUI Maynooth[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    9[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    McGrath[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Aidan[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    0:56:46[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Wessel Energy Cables[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    10[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Moran[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Paul[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    0:56:46[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Gardai[/FONT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Had a crazy dream I made a €150 bet with Heffsarmy that I would beat him in the John Treacy 10miler on the 29th Jan.:confused:

That should be interesting;).
    There seems to be a nice number of us heading down to this race.
    Beepbeep67 was suggesting booking a whole hotel for us all!

Abhainn wrote: »
    That should be interesting;).
    There seems to be a nice number of us heading down to this race.
    Beepbeep67 was suggesting booking a whole hotel for us all!

would be good craic alright.let me know what hotel.I might have a small squeak at beating Heffsarmy in the race but when it comes to drinking pints he is miles ahead ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

I think the pints got me into the bet in the first place. I have only ran 2 or 3 10mile races, my pb is soft ran it 2 years ago in Dungarvan 57.16.

10am run; 40mins 5.5miles

12pm; massage

6pm; 7.5miles 6.55pace

Nice solid day and hopefully the rub will help with my knee and few niggles of late.

shoes:Saucony Cortana
    miles:13

wtd:22.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Larry Brent

Went to get a pair of Cortanas the other day, but they were 180 dollars :eek: (compared to 110-130 for Pegasus). So I might still get them but might look around a bit more. Any recommendations?

Background is I'm very happy with Pegasus (10.7oz), love them. Wore Kinvarra (7.7oz) for marathon and felt they might have been a bit light (now it was probably training and pacing issues rather than shoes that gave me problems, but to have my mind at ease I'm trying to get used to a shoe that might be half way between the two for my next marathon). So I'm wearing Lunarfly 2 (9.6oz) at the moment. Have 2 pairs I rotate. Find them great, but I'm not sure if they're discontinued? Also they are a slightly narrower fit than Pegasus, but with the laces a bit looser this isn't an issue. So I'd be happy enough to wear these but going to try a few more.

I was interested in the Adizero Feather when I read about them being the lightest everyday shoe, but looking at the sole I'd say they wouldn't be great on wet ground, also probably wouldn't be too durable seeing as they stripped away the formotion.

Would the Adizero Boston or Tempo be any good? Or any other recommendations?

Cheers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I think the lunarfly 3 has just been released in the states, though it's slightly heavier than it's predecessor.

Do you wear support shoes? The Boston is a neutral shoe, the new Boston shoe is savage though.

If you like kinvara's but think they're too light/not supportive enough you could check out the mirage.

But then, you didn't ask me. :)

[/hijack]

9am run 32mins 4miles

6.30pm run

This was my second Fartlek session since I started my programme.Tonight I didnt feel as fresh as last week but then the mileage has increased.

My aim was to keep the average mile between 655-6.38

1mile 6.52 2mile 6.38 3mile 6.58 4mile 6.18 5mile 6.22 6mile 6.39 7mile 6.50 8mile 6.46 9mile 6.45 10mile 6.24 followed by 2.5mile cool down.

Worked a little too hard in the middle section tonight and was more tired than I expected after.

Total miles today:17.5
    week to date:40

Are you doing the XC on St. Stephens Day?

won't be doing it after last year.still got the scar on my foot from that one.Are you doing it?

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Nah, sounds like an awful lot of hard work for the day after xmas. The shape I'm in at the moment it'll probably take me about 2 hours. :)

First 5miles was a slog this morning.Lack of sleep and a double the day before didn't help.I also had my work backpack on so didnt feel great.

First 5miles just a shade under 8min pace.After i dropped the bag off and headed to Tymon park and hit some steady 7min miles.

Total miles today:14 time:1hour 42mins
    Shoes:brooks glycerin

Miles so far this week:54

Todays plan was an easy 40minutes but after a heavy night on the beer.
    I ran 30minutes up to Vinny Mulvey for a massage,Vinny did some real good work and spent over an hour working on all my tight areas.he has a great knack for finding areas that you didn't even realise where tight.Was good to catch up as I havn't chatted to him in a while.

After the massage I had planned another 30minute run but happened to bump into Sean Connolly and decided to runw ith him for 7miles and gave me another chance to catch up with him as I hadn't chatted with him since he was in before Dublin Marathon to get his race shoes.

Ended up running 15miles tonight at a shade outside 7minute miles.

Total miles:15
    wtd:69
    shoes:Brooks Glycerin

Half day at work today so headed out the door and warmed up running to my parents house in Tallaght.

Warm up my legs felt sluggish(due to heavy weeks training and massage yesterday)
    Ran 1.5miles @ 8-8.30 pace

Stretched int he house for 15minutes and kept changing from full length tights to bicycles.Was a strong wind out today.
    I was very apprehensive about todays session and after last weeks I would have been happy with similar times.

The first 2miles where alot tougher than last week and both I hit bang on 6.21 per mile.mile 3 was into a wind and I hit 6.31,mile 4 and 5 i was 6.21 for both.After 5miles I was 27 seconds quicker than last week,now to see if I could come back stronger in the second half.

I went abit nuts on the 6th mile and had to slow myself down int he second half,ended up with 5.57
    Mile 7 was similar in 5.55,mile 8 5.46 and decided to try keep this pace or slightly faster,mile 9 5.45 and finished mile 10 in 5.39.An improvment of 44seconds and hit 10miles in just under 61minutes.

Cool down 23minutes.

total miles:14
    wtd:83

Christmas day and my plan was upset when I was told you can't run at 10am with the lads as I had breakfast with my family and then later had dinner with the inlaws.

So 30minutes after finishing 4 pieces of pudding,3 slices of brown bread,1 egg,4 sausages and 3 rashers I headed out for my long run.

I wasn't going to look at the garmin on this run as just wanted to get the 2hours and 10minutes done after a very hard weeks training.

Ended up with 18.25miles for 2hours 10minutes and 39seconds.
    The route I ran I covered tymon park,busy park and corcagh park.Going to call them my 3parks of Christmas.

Total miles for the week:101

shoes:brooks Glycerin(need replacing now)
    surface 60% road 40% grass.

planned an easy 50-60 minutes today.Having a lovely sleep and my clubmate John Travers rings me to see if im doing the Stephens day club race.It's a 10mile(handicap) cross country with alot of tradition.I had ran it last year and ended up in hospital getting stitches in my foot so wanted to finish it this year.Lined up and had a plan of not racing(usualy don't stick to this)so started on 7minute miles and contined till 8miles and picked ip up a little.Finished ina round 68minutes.
    My quads are like lead from the last few days training.

Miles:13
    shoes:brooks glycerin

Met with Gav and Ken in The club for an easy run.They both had raced yesterday yet it was me who was struggling early on.After about 30minutes I picked up the pace and the lads turned back as they where only doing 45-50mins.
    Ran for 90minutes 13miles.
    shoes:brooks Glycerin(need to be replaced this week)

wtd:26 Miles

Wed:struggling with an injury at the moment,it's not runnign related and hopefully will go away the next 4-5 days or so.

Work was mental busy and didnt eat a thing all day so didn't know how i would feel.
    Started my warm up at 6.20pm and headed out the roads around Tallaght.
    Warm up was a little slower than normal(8min pace)did 2miles.
    Then ran fartlek for 50mins(64 was on schedule) and struggled back home for a total of 13.5miles and 90mins+

Thur:Morning run with Gary O hanlon.Headed over to his place(25mins)again pace was very slow but wasn't feeling great due to injury.Ran 15.5miles in 1hour 55mins.Run was good banter as always and nice to have it done for the day :)

looking forward to my massage with Vinny Mulvey tommorow.

WTD:55

36mins easy run.just trotted into work very easy.
    4miles wtd:59miles

Yesterdays session was a shocker,I was going backwards and finding it hard to run under7.30minute miles.
    Packed it in after 20minutes and just ran for11miles.

Today I ran over to park to watch the race and waited around for a mate to finish up so I could run with him.Pace was a shade under 7min pace and finished up with 19milesin 2hours 11mins.

Total miles for the week:89miles

• Advertisement

Ran over to my mate gary who works in a gym to go for a run at 12 but turns out he wasn't finished till 1pm.
    Ended up doing some swiss ball work and realised how weak my lower back is.
    The run over was 3miles approx.After the gym I ran 8miles.
    total time:76.33
    Miles:11

shoes:glycerin
    wtd:11

Note:right calf very tight

am: 38mins easy run 4miles.plodded along to work and calf a little tight.

pm:went down to the club and met a few lads,soem doig their warm up for their track session.One of the other lads was doing 3miles easy and [EMAIL="4miles@6.30"]4miles@6.30[/EMAIL] pace so told him i would pace him.
    After this ran with another club mate but he was racing the day before and pace was slow so picked it up and circled back every half mile to meet him.Last 3 miles I ran on my own for a totalof 15miles(average pace 7.15)

Total miles today:19
    wtd:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

am: 38mins easy run 4miles.plodded along to work and calf a little tight.

pm:went down to the club and met a few lads,soem doig their warm up for their track session.One of the other lads was doing 3miles easy and [EMAIL="4miles@6.30"]4miles@6.30[/EMAIL] pace so told him i would pace him.
    After this ran with another club mate but he was racing the day before and pace was slow so picked it up and circled back every half mile to meet him.Last 3 miles I ran on my own for a totalof 15miles(average pace 7.15)

Total miles today:19
    wtd:30

I was in the shop today around 1pm but didn't see you. Your colleagues said you must have gone for a run, but obviously you must have been off dossing :pac:

menoscemo wrote: »
    I was in the shop today around 1pm but didn't see you. Your colleagues said you must have gone for a run, but obviously you must have been off dossing :pac:

haha very good,no was a day off today.i was in earlier to do a few bits as i had been off 3 days :eek:

Let me know when you will be up again,im sure there is something I can sell you :D

haha very good,no was a day off today.i was in earlier to do a few bits as i had been off 3 days :eek:

Let me know when you will be up again,im sure there is something I can sell you :D

I have size 8.5 Lunarracers on order. I want them for the price you were selling them at Jingle bells ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

What marathon are running, what's the target time and are you following a schedule or devising your own?

Last night I went over on my ankle but continued on as I was half a mile from home.
    didn't seem bad until this morning.Ran to work and was running 10minute miles.

Today I had planned 64minute fartlek but I knew this wasn't on the cards.Ran home after work @ 8min mile pace.

Total miles today:10
    Shoes:Saucony Cortana
    Loaction:roads
    wtd:40

Following a programme from http://www.championseverywhere.com/
    I was planning on doing Brighton 15th April but won't happen now as having a baby before then so will have to be Connemara.
    I have been changing my mind regards what time to aim for due to change of marathon.I think adding 10-12 minutes because in connemara I will more then likely be running on my own for most of it and with soem serious hills I think sub 2.50 would be a good start.I will more than likely go out in around 80-82 mins,seems like everyone slows in the second half due to the course.

Have you registered yet? There was an email a few days ago saying it was very close to selling out...

yes signed up last week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

I was planning on doing Brighton 15th April but won't happen now as having a baby
    You weren't really showing too much when I seen you today:)

When I was in today I had planned on trying out an alternative to the Pegasus but had to head on. I think you were stuffing yourself:rolleyes:
    I'll catch up with you next week

Advertisement