Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another comeback of sorts :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Wasn't in the mood of running tonight but started off with 2miles easy.

Decided to have a format for my Fartlek raqther than random surges.
    So decided on 2mins reps with 1minute recovery.
    Pace was controlled without straining.
    Early on struggling mentally and was around 5.50 pace with job recovery in 7.10-40 pace
    After a few reps and hitting the canal with no one or dodgy footpaths I found a nice rhythm.
    Started to run 5.35-40 pace.

Did 20 x 2mins with 1 min recovery and 3 mile cool down.

Miles:15
    wtd:44
    ytd:263
    shoes:brooks ghost

Good session well done. Always feels better after getting it in! Onwards and upwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Bad start to the day,alarm never went off and my mate waiting for me at 6.45am in the park.
    anyway jogged to work am 4miles.
    After work got out @ 8.30pm for 10miles @ 7.10 pace
    Run started of with rolling on my ankle after a dog came at me(he was behind a fence but i wasnt aware)
    After this some clown took an illegal U turn and just missed me.

I was debating doing a 10k on Sunday but with having to take Sat off itsa no go now.Will hit ticnock early for a long run instead.
    total miles:14
    wtd:58
    ytd:277
    shoes:saucony cortana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Bad start to the day,alarm never went off and my mate waiting for me at 6.45am in the park.
    anyway jogged to work am 4miles.
    After work got out @ 8.30pm for 10miles @ 7.10 pace
    Run started of with rolling on my ankle after a dog came at me(he was behind a fence but i wasnt aware)
    After this some clown took an illegal U turn and just missed me.

I was debating doing a 10k on Sunday but with having to take Sat off itsa no go now.Will hit ticnock early for a long run instead.
    total miles:14
    wtd:58
    ytd:277

What time you hitting ticknock? Care for a bit of company?

Getting picked up with Mcmahon at 9am so should be ready to go in marley park for 9.45am
    Its probably going to be 22miles.Your welcome to come but would be good if we got few others as Mcmahon is hard to stick to :(

Getting picked up with Mcmahon at 9am so should be ready to go in marley park for 9.45am
    Its probably going to be 22miles.Your welcome to come but would be good if we got few others as Mcmahon is hard to stick to :(

22 is a bit long for me however count me in for about 16 i can cut off early

• Advertisement

@ ecoli;do you want a lift or will me meet you there?

today was 4miles am and 5miles pm

Ankle sore after yesterday.finding this week very hard to get motivated.
    Have a course on all day so will be struggling to get out.Might just log soem miles rather than a session.
    Looking forward to long run Sunday.

wtd:67
    ytd:286

long day in the hospital (10hours)
    didn't get out for run until 6.30 but met up with my mate aido and he did 45mins with me.Ended up with 15miles.

wtd:82
    shoes:brooks ghost

Started with 2mile warm up in Marley park and then up ticknock.2 loops as I did 2 weeks ago.Felt abit flat on the first,maybe it was int eh back of my mind I knew I had a second one to do.Got dropped by about 25-35seconds.Running downhill was strange as the wind was very strong but glad it wasn't the other way around.
    Second loop I went aggressive enough without killing myself for the second part of the hill.brian climbed really well and dropped me by a minute which I was dissapointed but after he told me it was his best session there ever.
    after we came of the hills we ran last 5miles @ average 6.05 pace and I finished with a mile very easy.

Total miles:21
    Miles for the week:103
    shoes:brooks ghost(note had to loosen laces first loop as my feet went numb)

Started with 2mile warm up in Marley park and then up ticknock.2 loops as I did 2 weeks ago.Felt abit flat on the first,maybe it was int eh back of my mind I knew I had a second one to do.Got dropped by about 25-35seconds.Running downhill was strange as the wind was very strong but glad it wasn't the other way around.
    Second loop I went aggressive enough without killing myself for the second part of the hill.brian climbed really well and dropped me by a minute which I was dissapointed but after he told me it was his best session there ever.
    after we came of the hills we ran last 5miles @ average 6.05 pace and I finished with a mile very easy.

Total miles:21
    Miles for the week:103
    shoes:brooks ghost(note had to loosen laces first loop as my feet went numb)

Sorry about this morning. The night shift fri meant that body refused to get up before 10 regardless of alarms. By the sounds of it probably a good thing as run like that would have left me in a bad way for a few days as I only had an easy Long run today

4miles am to work.didnt feel nearly as sore as two weeks ago when I ran hard in the hills.Right adductor tight but didnt take too much notice.

5miles pm:this was a struggle and after i finished the run I knew something was up with my adductor as it was throbbing.
    3 large bars of chocolate and soem ice helping me but massage tmrw and take it from there.

wtd:9

• Advertisement

since the 21st of jan my training has been shocking.My hipflexors giving my loads of trouble so I decided to rest up and ran 7 times since then.

Last night i did a track session of 12 x 400m average 67-68 with 90secs recovery.

plan is to do a 12-15mile run the weekend and take it from there.
    Connemara is out the window now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

since the 21st of jan my training has been shocking.My hipflexors giving my loads of trouble so I decided to rest up and ran 7 times since then.

Last night i did a track session of 12 x 400m average 67-68 with 90secs recovery.

plan is to do a 12-15mile run the weekend and take it from there.
    Connemara is out the window now.

Good to see you back - from the radio silence I thought you might have something serious injury-wise. Might be in to B2R on sat myself.

15minute run yesterday and plan the same after work tonight.

week so far;
    Mon-20mins
    Tue-40mins
    Wed-35mins
    Thur-35min
    Back running to enjoy it.no aims but just to get fit and healthy.

Friday-rest
    sat-5mile walk with the pram and some cycling
    sun-70min run

monday-50min run,went up and watched the Arc race and id say the winners where outside 38mins :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Friday-rest
    sat-5mile walk with the pram and some cycling
    sun-70min run

monday-50min run,went up and watched the Arc race and id say the winners where outside 38mins :eek:

37.3x, women's mini marathon winners would beat men's mini marathon winner :o

morning run of 55mins today.No more junk food,im 13stone 9pounds :D

ran in the phoenix park with a mate who is doing dundalk tmrw.
    Wore too many layers on the run,was sweating bigstyle.

Tmrw im going to do my longest run yet but at a nice easy pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

morning run of 55mins today.No more junk food,im 13stone 9pounds :D

ran in the phoenix park with a mate who is doing dundalk tmrw.
    Wore too many layers on the run,was sweating bigstyle.

Tmrw im going to do my longest run yet but at a nice easy pace.

Kev la motta.........

30mins amto workand 50mins in tymonpark.

total 80mins.

32min run to work,glad I ran early as im shattered.
    Got some nice new running gear from Mizuno today:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

im 13stone 9pounds :D

Geez that was fast. Didn't know no 2 was about to arrive. ;)

Abhainn wrote: »
    Geez that was fast. Didn't know no 2 was about to arrive. ;)

Ha I asked for that,I let myself go bigstyle.More eating than booze.

30mins am today.
    25mins pm(new shoes so was bouncing)

Sat:35mins
    Sunday:1hour 45mins in phoenixpark(my 10% rule went out the window)

Monday:rest day,just small bit of cycling
    Tuesday:65minutes
    Wed:I.M.R.A race very happy with my race.Didn't go balls out and finished strong.steep uphill showed how weak my core and lower back is.Did easy 2mile cooldown and few strides.

Thur;30mins
    fri:didnt get out for a run
    sat:40mins
    sun:77mins

Mon:25MINS AM
    Tue:55MINS STEADY,felt like I was moving today.

Wed:15mins am
    PM I ran an IMRA race andran well but not as hard as last week.Up a place from last week into 5th.Race distance just over 8k and ran 18mins warm up and 15mins cooldown.

30mins pm very easy.Legs not too bad after last night :)

am:30mins to work.
    pm:steady run with 3 x4mins at 6.30min miles total 45mins.
    Finished with 4x 100m strides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

You around sunday evening? Gonna do a 14 - 16 miler

Advertisement