Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another comeback of sorts :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

15mins am
    55mins pm

Going to run early :(

Gorgeous day and met with 3 other mates for a long run in the Phoenix park.Pace was very slow but perfect pace formy fitness right now.

Total:141mins

Well the garmin was back on today.Decided to give racing a miss this week and start a little more quality work.

4miles 8min pace
    6miles average 6.20(current half marathon pace)
    4miles cooldown.(garmin went dead)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Well the garmin was back on today.Decided to give racing a miss this week and start a little more quality work.

4miles 8min pace
    6miles average 6.20(current half marathon pace)
    4miles cooldown.(garmin went dead)

You fairly sped up after I left you. Did you hit the canal for the fast stuff?

Followed the luas line and had a good battle into town lol

• Advertisement

8mile run steady in the Phoenix park.

pm 1.5miles warm up

5 x 600m average 2mins and recovery 1min 15seconds

1.5mile cool down

Over cooked it yesterday.30MINS SLOG AM AND 40MIN BIKE PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

If you're around saturday afternoon we'll be doing a long session:

2 miles easy + 8 miles M-pace(5:36) + 10 miles easy

Gonna be kicking off at around 2 pm if any of that suits you. Otherwise sunday I'll be doing 13 miles easy

Some of us have to work weekends.6pm the earliest I can go.would love a session like that but maybe not with 10miles at the end:)

Today was 67mins,finished work 45 mins late so was tired after 11hours in work.
    Finished run strongly and was a lovely evening.

ps I put them asics Pirahana aside for you €55 ;)

• Advertisement

Some of us have to work weekends.6pm the earliest I can go.would love a session like that but maybe not with 10miles at the end:)

Today was 67mins,finished work 45 mins late so was tired after 11hours in work.
    Finished run strongly and was a lovely evening.

ps I put them asics Pirahana aside for you €55 ;)

Sold. I'll drop down to collect them sunday or tuesday.

Seem to be drifting along this week.hip flexoracting up on right side again.
    body tired with lack of sleep.

Ran 45mins easy.

Run after work sat(was going todo session before work)
    Ran with workmate Colin and did 10miles very easy.

Today ran 13miles in 91minutes in the park.

Sunday:ran on my own and ran 7miles @ 7min pace and 6miles @ 6.30pace

Monday:45mins easy as my right adductor at me.was throbbign after yesterdays run.been at me on and off now and main reason I stopped 4-5 months ago.

Tue:felt fresh for this and did 5 x 1k with 2mins recovery in the pologrounds.Averaged 3.09 for the 5 reps,was delighted.
    2mile warm upand 1.5mile cooldown.
    warmup included a face off with soemrugby player who nearly knocked one of my clubmates down.He even had a gumshield in so he was ready to fight.Few swear words and he jumped back in his car.

Wed:30min run am and nice run with Meno after work 55mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Seems to be going well at the moment, hows the weight going, dropping much?

Bang on 13stone fully hydrated and fed.Havn't made any changes to the diet but just coming off with miles.
    Will have tocut out the chocolate,fizzy drinks and Jellies :(

Bang on 13stone fully hydrated and fed.Havn't made any changes to the diet but just coming off with miles.
    Will have tocut out the chocolate,fizzy drinks and Jellies :(

Those mule bars are the problem.
    5k race saturday evening

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056288562

Myself and phil are heading down, we can give you a lift if you're interested.

Thursday:rest
    Friday:am 30mins pm 45mins
    Sat:5k race 16.26
    Sunday:5k race 16.48 but course was long,went through 5k in 16.22
    monday:30mins
    tue:trip to sports med andgot soem physio and rehab for my hip.
    40mins run with the pram.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Well done on those two 5k's in a row, great running.

pconn062 wrote: »
    Well done on those two 5k's in a row, great running.

Cheers,was delighted with my time in Bohermeen and how I raced in Blanch.

Wed:30mins am 45mins pm
    Thur:70mins am 30mins pm
    Fri:45mins 6.30-45pace

Plan is to race parkwest Sunday.Hope I get a few 34-35mins 10k runners.Would like to break 34minutes but trying not to put too much pressure on myself yet.

• Advertisement

Sat:35MIN RUN

Sunday:Walked 45minutes with the pram to the race.Signed up and a friend of mine was home from the States(goes to Arkansas)
    Asked him if there was no one sub 32-33mins would he help pace me to break 34mins.

Race started and I knew the pace was abit fast but 2-3 runners arouns me and dave was out ahead.Told him to go on but he slowed up and I caught him.
    I knew I was going to pay for an opening 1k off 2.581 but tried to think positive and said to Dave I can use it as a buffer later on :)

Slowly we pulled away from the 3rd runner and now I knew it was a case of staying relaxed and hitting sub 3.30 per km.
    At 5k we hit 16.40 and I felt ok at this stage but was breathing heavy.
    7-8 k was tough and I was glad it was on the flat section of the canal.

I did notice at this stage the km markers where around .12 out
    We hit 9km and I was dying now and told Dave to go on ahead,he left me standing and cruised home.My form was poor now and I was running back on my heels with all spring lost.I could see the finish was close and I managed one last big effort.The finish line had 33.27 and I ran hard todip under the line in 33.29 but the mat picking up the time was further on :(
    So finished up in 33.30 and course was short 9.85.Happy and anice 75euro for second place.
    Righ adductor a little tight after and calfs tight.
    2mile warm up and 3mile cooldown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Sunday:Walked 45minutes with the pram to the race.Signed up and a friend of mine was home from the States(goes to Arkansas)
    Asked him if there was no one sub 32-33mins would he help pace me to break 34mins.

Race started and I knew the pace was abit fast but 2-3 runners arouns me and dave was out ahead.Told him to go on but he slowed up and I caught him.
    I knew I was going to pay for an opening 1k off 2.581 but tried to think positive and said to Dave I can use it as a buffer later on :)

Slowly we pulled away from the 3rd runner and now I knew it was a case of staying relaxed and hitting sub 3.30 per km.

We hit 9km and I was dying now and told Dave to go on ahead,he left me standing and cruised home.My form was poor now and I was running back on my heels with all spring lost.I could see the finish was close and I managed one last big effort.The finish line had 33.27 and I ran hard todip under the line in 33.29 but the mat picking up the time was further on :(
    So finished up in 33.30 and course was short 9.85.Happy and anice 75euro for second place.

Very solid run man you going well. Me and tRR doing a run tomorrow morning if you interested 10.30 @ corkagh is the plan. Lost my numbers so dont have your phone number to text you but drop me a text if you interested?

working tmrw but give me a shout during the week.running most days at 6pm from the shop.
    ps sent u my number there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Wow - very gutsy run. 5K in 16:40 when you ran 16:20s last week for 5k. Great running to hang on.

Monday:Calfs tender from the race and throat at me sojust did 1hour on the bike.

Tue:down to the club to start our Dublin Marathon training.Was a 10mile loop in the park with 90secs steady and 60secs easy fartlek.
    felt very comfortableand average time was around 7.10
    Plan to get this down to 5.50 pace for 15miles+ leading up to Dublin.

10miles 65mins today.Feeling abit tired today but comfortable on the run.Signed up for a race the weekend so couple of easy days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Are you just race hungry or is it a plan to use races as the main form of speedwork? Great to be comfortable at 6:30 already.

Doing three more weeks of racing before a marathon specific programme.

thur:EASY 40MINS AND 4 X 100M STRIDES
    FRI:AM 10MINS PM:5MILE WARM UP 5K RACE IN 16.25 4MILE COOLDOWN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Smashing run, well done!

Advertisement