Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another comeback of sorts :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

40mins easy after work today,felt tired and crap.
    Today was a slap in the face to ease back a little.
    Starting with a new coach in a few weeks so just want to run easy for
    next few weeks.

Today ran 30mins am and 50mins easy pm
    Friday ran 8miles in 55mins(tempo pace right now)
    Thursday just aneasy 30mins am
    Long run tommorow with a big group so should be fun.

Best run since I came back today.Group of 10 runners and good banter on the run.
    Left my keys in one of the lads car soinstead of slogging back kept going.

13.5miles/92mins running

Monday 40mins slog and today 50mins with the pram.

Tue:55mins
    wed:30mins
    thursday:rest day
    friday:30mins am 10mins pm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How much are rc5000s? not that I need another pair like, just wondering :p

How much are rc5000s? not that I need another pair like, just wondering :p

sent you a pm.
    Ran 8miles this morning,first 4miles 7min pace and struggled next 4 miles.
    overdoing the pace.

Saturday 30mins
    Sunday long run first 5-6miles 7.30 pace and picked up forthe rest for average pace 7min pace.14miles in total.

Lack of structure in myprogramme really showed up today.

Ran 4miles to work easy and legs felt great.
    After work ran to the my wifes workplace to pick up EJ.
    Did 6miles @ 6.30pace and 1hour walk home with the buggy

Ran 10minutes and felt like crap so walked home.Feel run down and lack of sleep not helping.

• Advertisement

14miles today broken into two runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

I know where youre coming from with the lack of sleep etc. Maybe, you should look at this period as building your defenses against injury as your primary goal. Youre building fitness sure, but a focus on building your defences will keep it controlled and stem any frustration on days where its hard to get the running in. If you achieve that goal then this will be an extremely valuable and worthwhile phase of training indeed.

Funny you should say that as a guy in work said the same today.
    If I can get from now till the start of December doing easy running and less mileage I will be happy.
    Going to focus on the John Treacy 10miler 2 days before my birthday.

Ran 30mins am and 10mins pm today.

1mile run from parents home to work 9.30am

4mile run home after work,quick strecth and drink.
    10mile in the park,bumped into heffsarmy and ran a little more than I should.
    This will be my long run instead on Monday and knocks any ideas of jumping into the 3/4 marathon in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Going to focus on the John Treacy 10miler

Same day as raheny but would love to give this race a blast.

10mile in the park,bumped into heffsarmy and ran a little more than I should.
    This will be my long run instead on Monday and knocks any ideas of jumping into the 3/4 marathon in Athlone.

What the hell has he been doing with himself? Keeping a very low profile these days.

He was injured and not doing Dublin but seems to be in descent shape.
    toady was 30mins am,bag of chips and a quarterpounder :)

4maile am.down to athlone and paced the 3hour group.7.07 first 5-7miles
    went through 10miles in 70mins and held that pace.
    Finished in average 6.56per mile with lots of suring back and forth to encourage runners int he group.
    rest day tommorow:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

4maile am.down to athlone and paced the 3hour group.7.07 first 5-7miles
    went through 10miles in 70mins and held that pace.
    Finished in average 6.56per mile with lots of suring back and forth to encourage runners int he group.
    rest day tommorow:)

Did you do the entire route?

Yes ran the full route with a few surges back and forth to keep guys in the race.They where dropping like flys around 15miles.

Monday:30mins
    Tue:50mins
    wed:30mins
    legs tender mon & tue but good today.

They where dropping like flys around 15miles.

Same thing happens to the 3hr paced group in DCM. One minute there is a group of 150 odd runners next minute it's like a bomb has gone off and there are less than 5 of them beside you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

TRR wrote: »
    Same thing happens to the 3hr paced group in DCM. One minute there is a group of 150 odd runners next minute it's like a bomb has gone off and there are less than 5 of them beside you.

Funniest moment of last years marathon was seeing you coming around the corner onto the final last 200m. You stop, look behind you, nobody there. A few seconds pass as you jog on the spot, then 3 or 4 of the most beat up, dead on their feet, zombies come falling around that bend looking like death warmed up. Man I have never seen a group of lads in such a state. Fair play to them though, they hit their target.

tunguska wrote: »
    Funniest moment of last years marathon was seeing you coming around the corner onto the final last 200m. You stop, look behind you, nobody there. A few seconds pass as you jog on the spot, then 3 or 4 of the most beat up, dead on their feet, zombies come falling around that bend looking like death warmed up. Man I have never seen a group of lads in such a state. Fair play to them though, they hit their target.

They weren't in the group, they were lads who were ahead of us the whole way until mile 25. They blew up on their own. I don't get running with pace groups, some miles I run a little faster than the average pace, some miles I run a little slower. I match my own needs and how I'm feeling. Running to somebody elses pace is tiring!

it's a strange feeling as I felt I did a great job and yet knowone around me except one guy.
    30mins pm today,legs feeling really good again but massage needed.
    Nice run in Tallaght btw,you seem to be getting back into your old shape ;)

i
    Nice run in Tallaght btw,you seem to be getting back into your old shape ;)

Ha, well when you took the piss out of me wehn I was buying those red shorts in B2R it brought out the anorexic in me :) By the way do you have any red shorts in stock, fecking impossible to source

Ha, well when you took the piss out of me wehn I was buying those red shorts in B2R it brought out the anorexic in me :) By the way do you have any red shorts in stock, fecking impossible to source

what size xxl or xl :D

what size xxl or xl :D

XL for my arse but XXL for the crown jewels :)

XL for my arse but XXL for the crown jewels :)

Good comeback lol

40min run yesterday,was bouncing along and felt great.Went back to the parents house and decided if my little one was awake id leave it at 40mins(she was awake)
    Starting to really enjoy my running again and not going ot get caught up in racing when 50% fit.Next time I race hopefully a pb :D

Been a struggle this week,not with motivation but feeling crap and bunged up with a head cold/sore throat and Sore tooth.

Made sure I kept my runs short during the week.The weekend with more rest time I planned on hitting longer runs.
    yesterday was easy 35mins and today I headed out with Eoin and bumped into Tomo.ended up with just over 11miles.
    Tommorow the plan is phoenix park if I can get a lift as im up in Tallaght.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Is 9:25 too early :D serious though

Advertisement