Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Pictures!

• 09-11-2011 12:32am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey.. I'm wondering do any Boardsies have nice photos of Waterford? I'm slowly getting the new tourism site for Waterford up and running, printing a Calendar and looking at doing Christmas Cards. They sold well in Tramore and go afar, so it showcases Waterford well to others where it generally might not be (we rarely have calendars/cards of Waterford). The money goes into funding the tourism operation but full credit is given to those who supply photographs.

So far we have contributions from local photographers like Tony Quilty, and Joe Cashin. Public send in their photographs also.

If anybody is interested, just send me a PM with the link to the pics and ill get back in touch with you. Some might not be suitable, so ill have a look at each individually and make the call.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Me brother took a few nice ones last year. Tom Mullane is good on the camera so ill ask him does he have any to send

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Damn! It hasn't snowed again, has it? I've been working so hard that I didn't notice. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

There no snow out there!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

From last year, of course. Though snow now would be cool :p

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ILoveShoez

I have a lot of them for you but I can't attach them in a message to you :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ILoveShoez wrote: »
    I have a lot of them for you but I can't attach them in a message to you :eek:

Are they on flickr, pix.ie or similar sites? Or just on your computer?

My computer.

Send them to me directly, most people do;
    kevin@visitwaterford.ie :)

Just sent to you!;)

Thanks to those who sent in their photos, much appreciated.

I'm looking at more of the photos showing a heavier snow fall and in areas people would easily recongise.

Can be City or County (bar Tramore!).

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Lads and lassies, the response has been fantastic. I was even delighted to read part of a PM today that said they will do anything to show "the city in a good light"! There is a great buzz around and I am genuinely hoping that this will all be a success, or ill be the next person going to the UK seeking bankruptcy! :D

People might be wondering what exactly the whole point in this is. Well, to me anyway, its simple. Iv been involved in tourism for as long as I can recall, and I have always always felt that Waterford (City and County) is a forgotten tourism gem. Its not pushed enough and the Tall Ships seems to have been the only festival to get us in the spotlight.

Christmas Cards & Calendars which showcases pictures of Waterford wont just stay around Waterford. They will go around Ireland to friends and family, and overseas. Iv already people pre-booking calendars as they want to send them abroad to Australia to sons and daughters who moved over there. It will do both; serve as a reminder to people that we are a fantastic location. We offer a lot more than meets the eye and you can just see that we offer stunning scenery and locations. Sure, we are right on the coastline and offer fantastic views. Secondly, for those abroad or at home who are not familiar with Waterford I hope that these promotional items will be a bit of a teaser - "Look what this gorgeous City has on offer".

Waterford has a lot. Its time we sent the message out there as best we can. I am hoping that these calendars/cards and the website will do just that. :)

So on that note -- if people have any photograph throughout the city or county that you think would be looking good in a calendar or Christmas card, send them onto me before the weekend is out (ideally). The Waterford calendar is a bit behind because of delays getting artwork for those sponsoring us but fingers (and toes!) crossed we will get sorted very quick.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed, especially the local photographers and businesses who are getting behind the idea. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Have a lot of aerial based ones seeing as i'm flying around quite a lot. Drop me a PM if you want i'll see what I can dig out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

5886518226_6a567f62c8.jpg5561108063_2724aaaf86_m.jpg

5813396186_d33d13ef5b_m.jpg

5561672556_eec53f891a_m.jpg

5788168415_77b653b5aa_m.jpg

5206090068_47a8e4de12_m.jpg

4575467732_867d6f5176_m.jpg

4497460669_551f6ea9a0_m.jpg

5886455366_d0897ea3fc_m.jpg

5886518516_f69848c614_m.jpg

samsham; Ill send you a message in the morning. Lovely shots!

Flyer1; How far up? Aerial shots tend not to work in terms of the "wow" factor. Are they night or day shots? :)

5902714860_b27126a76a_z.jpg5902153475_0e6c3628a7_z.jpg
    Both taking off from the WIT during the Tall ships festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

some great photos here fair play to you.

This especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MikeyReilly

There's a facebook page called Waterford Gang. That has thousands of pics from all around waterford. It's run by a guy called Yom Daly. He also has some deadly pics on his own page. You could try him.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/waterfordgang/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Sully wrote: »
    Flyer1; How far up? Aerial shots tend not to work in terms of the "wow" factor. Are they night or day shots? :)

My ones during the tall ships did :)

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    My ones during the tall ships did :)

Cant seem to see any of your pics on flickr, bar sports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

There's a facebook page called Waterford Gang. That has thousands of pics from all around waterford. It's run by a guy called Yom Daly. He also has some deadly pics on his own page. You could try him.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/waterfordgang/

Thouands of pictures on there. I always wondered did anyone ever come out and tell him to piss away taking pictures of their front door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I haven't used Flickr in well over a year. ;)

kensutz wrote: »
    I haven't used Flickr in well over a year. ;)

I never use Flickr. If your interested, send me a link to your collection. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Ledger wrote: »
    some great photos here fair play to you.

This especially.

sound chap!

Advertisement