Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fundraising Venue

• 09-11-2011 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I'm looking to host a fundraising event to raise funds to travel to South Africa to volunteer in a school over there. It's going to be a mixture of live music and comedy. I'm hoping to have it in early to mid December and have around 200 people there. Does anyone have any ideas for a free/cheap suitable venue for this in Dublin city centre? Any suggestions welcome.

Also, I'm hoping to have a raffle at the event but I'm not sure how to go about getting prizes for the raffle. Has anyone here organised a raffle before? Is it a bit cheeky to just go into shops and ask them to donate prizes?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

You'll find it very difficult if you're not part of a recognized charity. It's getting harder and harder to fundraise to go volunteering abroad. For raffles people generally write to businesses and/or go around to shops and ask. It's easier if you're from a town rather than a city and if people know you. Be prepared though to have an answer to the many questions people will have about why they should pay for you to fly to a foreign land.

Advertisement