Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless issue

Options
  • 09-11-2011 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My dad has an Eircom box which was recently reset remotely by an Eircom support engineer. I had wireless set up on it and it worked well up until this point. I tried to set it up again using 192.168.1.254 and going to Wireless etc.............but can't connect to it. My laptop can see the network but fails to connect, even after resetting the passphrase. I'm using WEP with a 13 digit passphrase. Any help on what might be wrong?

Thanks.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fryer99

did the wpa not reset to the code from the bottom of the router when the eircom technician reset it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

omen80 wrote: »
    Hi,

My dad has an Eircom box which was recently reset remotely by an Eircom support engineer. I had wireless set up on it and it worked well up until this point. I tried to set it up again using 192.168.1.254 and going to Wireless etc.............but can't connect to it. My laptop can see the network but fails to connect, even after resetting the passphrase. I'm using WEP with a 13 digit passphrase. Any help on what might be wrong?

Thanks.......

Hi omen80,

The WEP key may have re-set to the standard eircom settings.

If you want to try:

Username: eircom / or eircom@eircom.net

Password: broadband1

The wireless encription key (Wep) is on the bottom of the modem

If you need hel there is some tips on the following thread on the forum

http://bit.ly/cBz5Nj

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Hi omen80,

The WEP key may have re-set to the standard eircom settings.

If you want to try:

Username: eircom / or eircom@eircom.net

Password: broadband1

The wireless encription key (Wep) is on the bottom of the modem

If you need hel there is some tips on the following thread on the forum

http://bit.ly/cBz5Nj

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark, I've got it working at the moment using no security so it's definitely something to do with the wep key. I'll try your suggestion, but if I've already changed the WEP key numerous times. I supppose I could reset the box and use the key printed underneath, and then maybe a new password will take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

omen80 wrote: »
    Thanks Mark, I've got it working at the moment using no security so it's definitely something to do with the wep key. I'll try your suggestion, but if I've already changed the WEP key numerous times. I supppose I could reset the box and use the key printed underneath, and then maybe a new password will take?

Hi omen80,

Yes if you re-set the modem it will re-set to the factory WEP key and then you can change it again.

Probably the easiest way to go.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement