Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barber in ucd.any use? how much?

Options
  • 09-11-2011 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

just lookin for a v nothin too fancy but do they do a good job?

oh is there even a barber in ucd i think i seen one tho

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

If you wanna get scalped, go for it, otherwise, venture off campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Fad wrote: »
    If you wanna get scalped, go for it, otherwise, venture off campus.
    Grafton barber. €9 b4 12 for students. Better hair cut,better price. Theres one in blackrock too if u dont want to venture into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I could be wrong here but I think it's closed down and/or the owner is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

It was open in the Sport Centre last Friday anyway? Wouldn't recommend going there either tbh, they ruined one of the lads heads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, the guy who owned it passed away - his son is running the place now. I usually get a 4 all over, so I'd go there = 10 quid for that, I can swing in at lunch and the guy is really sound to talk to, which is nice in a barber. Been a few years since I got anything done with a scissors there, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Didn't realise it was only a tenner. They should really advertise a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Raphael wrote: »
    Yeah, the guy who owned it passed away - his son is running the place now. I usually get a 4 all over, so I'd go there = 10 quid for that, I can swing in at lunch and the guy is really sound to talk to, which is nice in a barber. Been a few years since I got anything done with a scissors there, though.

Has the price changed very recently or is that friends rates?

Tenner for a headshave, 14 for a dry cut, 13 student (which is pretty new, I believe). Same prices it's always been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

those prices are bad...champs in shankill is quality costs bout 16 quid and its class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Raphael wrote: »
    Tenner for a headshave, 14 for a dry cut, 13 student (which is pretty new, I believe). Same prices it's always been.

That's pretty expensive for hair cuts these days. Grafton Barber is only 9 euro before 12 for students and that's for all cuts, not just headshaves.

• Advertisement

If you're really trying to pinch the pennies, Max barbers on Talbot and Liffey street do a €5 dry cut on Monday and Tuesday (or at least they did last time I checked). I like the UCD barber because I can nip in and out at lunch time - I live near campus so I don't go into town often.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Yea I wondered in over the week. The fellow in the sports center is a nice chap, good for a chat, and does a good cut.

I was sorry to hear that his father passed away, he seemed like a nice bloke

Advertisement