Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info about Passage West

Options
  • 09-11-2011 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello

just wondering what passage west is like to bring up kids? living in Australia at the moment and looking to come home, originally from Dublin. Looks like hubbie may get work in Cork, i'm working in the construction industry so :eek: think i'll be a stay at home mammy for a little while settling the kids (3 year and 6 months, both boys)....

we have a house in Dublin (source of the need to move home). The bank say we might possibly be able to get a negative equity transfer for the mortgage, quick look around Cork and we might be able to afford something out in passage west? 220k at the very tops is our budget and really we just want somewhere we can have the kids grow up, back garden, 3 bed pref, good schools, community feel...passage west seems to be able to offer that?

but this is all based on internet searches so we would really love to hear from some people who actually know the area or can think of a better area?? whats the commute into Cork city like from passage west? think if this particular job comes through hubbie would be working on the south side of the river...

I see the southern ring road isn't a million miles away which could be handy getting up and down to visit the grandparents in Dublin?

thanks a mill for the help!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey melbite,

I live in Rochestown, which is couple of miles up the road from Passage. Went to school/scouts/GAA/etc in Passage though.

It's a nice spot, there's a brand new (opening today I think) primary school opened, moved from old pre-fabs to a proper building. The secondary school is right next door to it. There's a GAA club, soccer club, rowing club & scout group for the kids (if needed).

One thing to note - traffic on the Rochestown road is pretty heavy in the mornings, so it's a bit of a battle to the South Ring Road into town, but you'll have traffic anywhere near the city.

If you have any specific questions, just ask, I'll do my best...

Advertisement