Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments @ Milners Square, Santry, Dublin 9.(What are they like?)

Options
  • 09-11-2011 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

http://www.daft.ie/searchnew_development.daft?id=12391

Hi,

What are the build quality of these like? Has anyone here viewed the property? Anyone know anyone living there?

i am fairly familiar with the area but i don't live in Ireland so can't view personally.

What do you think of the asking prices? Basically any info that is not easily available online would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

http://www.daft.ie/searchnew_development.daft?id=12391

Hi,

What are the build quality of these like? Has anyone here viewed the property? Anyone know anyone living there?

i am fairly familiar with the area but i don't live in Ireland so can't view personally.

What do you think of the asking prices? Basically any info that is not easily available online would be appreciated.

Thanks

I dont know those particular apartments but i know the area reasonabl6y well.

I think if you're looking to buy you'd be out of your mind to buy an apartment..they seem doomed never to have any resale value..problems with noise pollution,lack of gardens,poor quality work and increasing management fees for starters.

For that sort of money you could easily find a 3 bed house on the northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

Degsy wrote: »
    I think if you're looking to buy you'd be out of your mind to buy an apartment..they seem doomed never to have any resale value..problems with noise pollution,lack of gardens,poor quality work and increasing management fees for starters.

Is a general rant about apartments (including some stuff that patently isn't true for lots of complexes) really helpful to the OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

markpb wrote: »
    Degsy wrote: »

Is a general rant about apartments (including some stuff that patently isn't true for lots of complexes) really helpful to the OP?
    It happens to be true about these ones. Developer left this place half done and the residents even set up a website which should be googlable about all the problems they had with them

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Achtung! Bono

Thanks for the replies. Yeah i discovered the brouhaha about these apartments being unfinished, building management problems etc after i had posted the original post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

A lot of new apartments will be only fit to be knocked down within ten years..a big Celtic Tiger-era conjob.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

markpb wrote: »

Well, in my opinion, it is.

Here we have a non-Irish person looking to purchase an abode in Dublin.

It would be remiss of Dubliners posting here to NOT tell the OP that buying an apartment is a mug's game, and they should instead look to a house as an alternative.

Advertisement