Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brds Xbox Clan - Read Post #1 for Rules / GT's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

On the other hand if premium members do join there giving the clan a boost but totally agree that they should be playing with the clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 curballs

Well lads I joined the clan even though I had never posted here,I just wanted to play with other Irish players. After adding a couple of people and having a few games with the clan I have to say it makes the world of difference to play with some good players. So basically I just wanted to say thanks for letting me join and I didn't join for double xp, look forward to playing with more of you in the future and definitely gonna post more on this forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Hey Doc can I get an invite to the clan. Only been able to log into Elite now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

What about some basic requirements and rules to get started. Change these as you see fit lads:

*** Requirements ***

All we ask is that you :

(1) Speak English
    (2) Have and use a mic.
    (3) Act Mature. (as in no wreaking everyone's head with music or screaming down the mic)
    (4) Register on Boards
    (5) Must use clan TAGs
    (6) There will be a trial period of two (2) weeks. (inactive players will be booted)
    (7) Must be at least 1st prestige or level 80 (to ensure people play the game)

RULES:
    • Make an effort to play with other members of the clan. Invite or join party's
    • Respect other Players
    • Play Fair and no cheats.
    • No Map glitching or hacking.

Also what about map packs? If members don't have the map packs when they arrive it will be a pain in the arse trying to get a game together. Its hard enough when there is a few people in a party getting a game.

I took this from another clan and made some changes to suit. Inactive players can be listed on boards by z leader. If everyone agrees that nobody has been playing with them for a set period (maybe 1 month) then they get the boot. This can be counter acted by a note on boards explaining why they can't play. Genuine people can always rejoin if need be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Some of them requirements are a bit much, it's not like a traditional clan as such, just a group who play together. As long as the person plays a few games with boardsies, that would be enough IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

What about some basic requirements and rules to get started. Change these as you see fit lads:

*** Requirements ***

All we ask is that you :

(1) Speak English
    (2) Have and use a mic.
    (3) Act Mature. (as in no wreaking everyone's head with music or screaming down the mic)
    (4) Register on Boards
    (5) Must use clan TAGs
    (6) There will be a trial period of two (2) weeks. (inactive players will be booted)

RULES:
    • Respect other Players

Also what about map packs? If members don't have the map packs when they arrive it will be a pain in the arse trying to get a game together. Its hard enough when there is a few people in a party getting a game.

I took this from another clan and made some changes to suit. Inactive players can be listed on boards by z leader. If everyone agrees that nobody has been playing with them for a set period (maybe 1 month) then they get the boot. This can be counter acted by a note on boards explaining why they can't play. Genuine people can always rejoin if need be.

What a load of ****.

Don't have 100,000 members and only 25+ actually play regularly. Just have 30 solid, core members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

*** Requirements ***

All we ask is that you :

(1) Speak English
    (2) Have and use a mic.
    (4) Register on Boards
    (5) Must use clan TAGs

RULES:
    • Respect other Players

I don't get the one about the prestige or level 80.

Couple of people in the PS3 aren't either but they are what i'd consider regulars.
    Also I'd recommend you don't actually use the Clan tags because if there's 6 people with BRDS in there clan tag most people will back out.
    Some people also don't have a mic.
    I think the speak English one is obvious.
    And the trial period :confused:

You make it sound like it's really strict etc and most of the lads just want to have a few games and a bitta craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

*** Requirements ***

All we ask is that you :

(1) Speak English
    (2) Have and use a mic.
    (4) Register on Boards
    (5) Must use clan TAGs

RULES:
    • Respect other Players

And what will our wages be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Can anyone send Jon an Invite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

:rolleyes:Lads,

I did say that you should change them as you see fit . I copied it from another clan to get the ball rolling.

I was only trying to move the process along in establishing what we want from the clan. People where asking questions about the clan and others where saying that they did not know until it was sorted. I went and had a look at other clans and these rules are typical and a reasonable starting point.

Personally I only want to be able to log on and have a game and a bit of craic with a few people from boards and beyond that I don't really give a ****e so chill. Other members where moaning about people not playing and only joining for the XP. Where they not?

Even if we end up with the rules of:

1. You must be registered with boards.
    2. You must use tags. (so that we know who the fug people are)
    3. You must actually play.

• Advertisement

Playing with the clan of course otherwise no point being in the clan inactive for a few weeks i would say no to being that people do get bored easy i definitely will be taking a break from playing now and again (maybe an hour or two, lol). I'd say if your not bothered playing for a week or so put it in your gt profile your playing another game. The tags thing does scare people off plus the message's you get when you use them can wreck your head.

Most people will use the boards clan page on the mw3 friends list (Press Y scroll across when in pre-game for those who don't know) to see who's on and invite. Should make use of the mic defo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

To be fair I know I dont post here very much, but do agree that rules are needed, the ones above are a good start. I will start using the mic but if someone in the room with me wont be using it as I dont want ye all hearing my boring conversations.
    Also not a massive fan of domination but will play if it is mostly BRDS clan playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Even if we end up with the rules of:

1. You must be registered with boards.
    2. You must use tags. (so that we know who the fug people are)
    3. You must actually play with the boards group.
    4. Try to use a mic if you have one.

I'm just gonna stick with those rules ^ changed it a little from yours.
    Icaras wrote: »
    I will start using the mic but if someone in the room with me wont be using it as I dont want ye all hearing my boring conversations.

Boring is better than some of the stuff we've overheard... Especially from X. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

All up for only boardsies on the clan and reckon after a certain amount of inactivity maybe the boot. Not sure about the clan tags. When we started playing the clan a fair few of us found when you finally get people in matchmaking, they back out as soon as they see all the BRDS clan tags.
    Think its important to keep it slightly informal as really its just an easy way for people on boards to play together and get a few decent parties going. Thats why think it should be just for active boardsies or people that will actually play together and add towards the clan xp.There's plenty of other clans out there that take it too seriously and take the fun out of it.
    Should really only be active members that play at least once a week as there's no point having a load of people reaping the benifits of a clan if they don't play at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

So....Can someone please invite me then?

GT neacy69

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Not sure if it was posted already but when we reach level 40 there is 8 hours of double xp and 24 hours double xp when level 50 is reached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

neacy69 wrote: »

GT neacy69

Only Doc can send or accept invites as he's clan leader, I don't think there is a 2nd in command or another person able to do it so it's all on him.

He's usually fairly prompt with them, if you want to maybe mention it in the clan feed. https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/clan/view/165989

neacy69 wrote: »

GT neacy69
    If I haven't sent one within a day of asking, PM me... Pretty sure I've said that a few times. Setting out rules yesterday so didn't accept some people.

I'll get you later tOday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Fair play to ya Doc :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Shammy wrote: »
    Not sure if it was posted already but when we reach level 40 there is 8 hours of double xp and 24 hours double xp when level 50 is reached.

What level are we at now, do you know off the top of the head?

everlast75 wrote: »
    What level are we at now, do you know off the top of the head?

16 :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

How does the clan rank up? Is it only by getting new members?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

How does the clan rank up? Is it only by getting new members?

You can get xp from clan operations aswell, but they havent started them yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Kenlfc

iMuse wrote: »
    Theres people in the clan who are 9th prestige (Stroke my m16 or something like that) who Ive never played with and don't know if they are actually on boards or not. Maybe you should make it a requirement to have x amount of posts in the cod forum here or that actually play games with other boardsies. The reason so many people want in is cause they think they will get some double xp off the clan while at the same time never playing with anyone else.
    I am STR0KE_MY_M16 I play with KieranIRL sometimes ? I also Don't need the Double XP I'm tenth prestige?

Kenlfc wrote: »
    I am STR0KE_MY_M16 I play with KieranIRL sometimes ? I also Don't need the Double XP I'm tenth prestige?

Well la dee da :P

• Advertisement

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Well la dee da :P
    Just saying this cause people keep texting me on xbox "Do you have a boards.ie account" and I tell them yes and they keep askin me my name ?:L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Just saying this cause people keep texting me on xbox "Do you have a boards.ie account" and I tell them yes and they keep askin me my name ?:L

doubt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cheary

hey can you invite me to your clan i always play with stroke my m16.
    my gt is irish assasin95:)

redman85 wrote: »
    doubt it
    ur hard

ur hard

some comeback :rolleyes:

have a great comeback for that but I'm afraid it goes against boards rules. I'll message it to you on the xbox along with all the other boards users

• Advertisement

doubt it
    ur hard
    Nah he's not 13, he'd have to at least see a bit of nipple first mate

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Nah he's not 13, he'd have to at least see a bit of nipple first mate

Sounds like this clan just got a whole lot more interesting

We will have to have a clan match one night Gun Game or One In Chamber for the craic!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

How does one join this clan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

swampyk08 wrote: »
    How does one join this clan?

Doc should see you here or you can request here:
    https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/clan/view/165989

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Anyone else having trouble accessing the clan page on elite? I can get to it through elite on the xbox but not when i log in on my laptop.

Anyone else having trouble accessing the clan page on elite? I can get to it through elite on the xbox but not when i log in on my laptop.

I've no problem getting on to it, but it won't let me add some people on elite...

Yeah same here I'll click the clan link and it will do notting....

some comeback :rolleyes:

have a great comeback for that but I'm afraid it goes against boards rules. I'll message it to you on the xbox along with all the other boards users
    your a weirdo

your a weirdo

very true!!!!!

• Advertisement

very true!!!!!

Ye

Ye

Just for interest sake what age are you???

Just for interest sake what age are you???
    That doesn't really matter to you im just not gonna write back on this anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

so are there any competitions or events or anything coming up we can all go in on together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Theres a dom event Sat night , if the clan members enlist in it and play it should bump up our xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Hey docdolittle, will you add me please. Haven't actually played with any boardsies to date but would very much like the opportunity :)

GT is Davenocheese
    Theres a dom event Sat night , if the clan members enlist in it and play it should bump up our xp.

I'm enlisted in that alright, told the missus she may go home for the weekend :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'm all over that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

x43r0 wrote: »
    I'm all over that

Well, you've no chance of getting all over anything else, with your leg at the moment ;)

Best you can hope for is a M.O.A.s.B.*

*mother of all sponge bath

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

everlast75 wrote: »
    Best you can hope for is a M.O.A.s.B.*

*mother of all sponge bath

I'll take one of those too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

yimrsg wrote: »
    Doc should see you here or you can request here:
    https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/clan/view/165989