Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No dial tone.

Options
  • 09-11-2011 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I have no dial tone on my phone and internet is unusable, DSL light on router goes on and off every couple of minutes. Phone was working fine on Monday evening but has been dead since yesterday morning.
    Can somebody chase this up for me please. I reported the fault yesterday but I'm lost without the phone and internet as I'm stuck in the house all day. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

fj1200 wrote: »
    I have no dial tone on my phone and internet is unusable, DSL light on router goes on and off every couple of minutes. Phone was working fine on Monday evening but has been dead since yesterday morning.
    Can somebody chase this up for me please. I reported the fault yesterday but I'm lost without the phone and internet as I'm stuck in the house all day. Thanks.

Hi fj1200,

Can you PM me with your telephone number and I will test the line for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭fj1200

Sorted out now. Thanks.

Sorted out now. Thanks.

Hi fj1200,

Glad to hear it :) Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know.

Regards, Mark

Hi there,

Similar problem again. Have phone line but broadband has been really bad lately. Yesterday was just ****e, on and off every few minutes and it's taken an hour to try and log this morning.

Went down twice while writing this!

Help, please!

Hi there,

Similar problem again. Have phone line but broadband has been really bad lately. Yesterday was just ****e, on and off every few minutes and it's taken an hour to try and log this morning.

Help, please!

Hi fj1200,

There is an outage in your area, which we have been aware of since last night. The technicians are working on the issue at the moment.

I will let you know when we get any updates.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks.

Ok, thanks.

Hi fj1200,

Just to follow up, the outage was cleared on Friday at Approx 16:30

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Broadband is still terrible here. Phone line was bad over the weekend too, crackling so loud it was unusable. My wife logged a fault Sunday afternoon it was that bad.

Any chance you could follow this up?

Thanks.

Test date12 March 2012 21:08:22Download Speed1.02 Mb/sThis is equal to128 KB/s1024 kbpsUpload Speed0.4 Mb/sThis is equal to49.88 KB/s399 kbpsLatency85 ms

Test date12 March 2012 21:15:16Download Speed0.67 Mb/sThis is equal to84.13 KB/s673 kbpsUpload Speed0.38 Mb/sThis is equal to47.5 KB/s380 kbpsLatency85 ms

• Advertisement

Test date12 March 2012 21:21:15Download Speed0.98 Mb/sThis is equal to122.13 KB/s977 kbpsUpload Speed0.04 Mb/sThis is equal to5.25 KB/s42 kbpsLatency83 ms

Hi Mark,

Broadband is still terrible here. Phone line was bad over the weekend too, crackling so loud it was unusable. My wife logged a fault Sunday afternoon it was that bad.

Any chance you could follow this up?

Thanks.

Hi fj1200,

I have re-escalated the issue who cleared the fault after the issue in the area. The reference number is - 11225972

I will get back to you as soon as I have any updates.

Thanks, Mark

Hi there,

Help, please!

Hi fj1200,

I see the technican was out this morning, so I ran a few line tests to insure the line was testing ok (which seems to be the case)

Is everythig back to normal on your end?

Thanks, Mark

No mark it's not. I was on to faults again this evening. Looks like the modem is kaput. Grand i thought, replacement to be delivered monday. Then i'm told i'll have to sign up to 12 month contract for a free replacemet. I'm with eircom 20 years and thats the way i'm treated. Do i need to tell you where to stuff your contract. What's the procedure to gett disconnected? I'm off to upc!

No mark it's not. I was on to faults again this evening. Looks like the modem is kaput. Grand i thought, replacement to be delivered monday. Then i'm told i'll have to sign up to 12 month contract for a free replacemet. I'm with eircom 20 years and thats the way i'm treated. Do i need to tell you where to stuff your contract. What's the procedure to gett disconnected? I'm off to upc!

Hi fj1200,

I will look into the contact with broadband support and get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

DSL can apparently work over a single wire, where as a phone line needs the two sides of the line connected.

You've obviously got a wiring fault

whole broadband minimum service requirement is not well regulated, voice has to work.

Get onto ComReg if the fault isn't cleared soon!

Wow that was quick. Disconnected already. Or is my phone line now dead along with my broadband? Unbelievable! Mark, can you organise a final bill for me. I have no phone line or broadband so i now consider myself an ex eircom customer. I will pay up to today but not one cent more. And i'm not sending any emails or letters to customer care requesting canceling my service.

Hi fj1200,

I got a PM form Rose, I PM her back regarding the issue. I apologise for the recent fault history and disruption. However I can not agree confirm if we can action what you outline above without investigating further.

Thanks, Mark

What's to investigate Mark? I've been effectively cut off since last Friday, no phone or broadband, so I'll pay Eircom up to that date and that's it. End of story. And you can pm Rose, who ever she is, and tell her that.

Upc are installing phone and 25mb broadband for me this Saturday. 40.50euro a month, I must've been made staying with you guys for so long.

Thanks anyway Mark, I know it's not your fault.
    Peter.

What's to investigate Mark? I've been effectively cut off since last Friday, no phone or broadband, so I'll pay Eircom up to that date and that's it. End of story. And you can pm Rose, who ever she is, and tell her that.

Upc are installing phone and 25mb broadband for me this Saturday. 40.50euro a month, I must've been made staying with you guys for so long.

Thanks anyway Mark, I know it's not your fault.
    Peter.

Hi fj1200,

No problem, I apprecite where you are coming from given the recent fault history. I PM rose with the cacellation process.

Let me know if you need me to check anything regarding the cancellation.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement