Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flying to Oz Meet-Up Thread!

Options
  • 09-11-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

So...a recurring theme on the board seems to be peeps looking to meet up with others on the long-haul over to Sydney, Perth, or wherever you're going in Oz! I mentioned it might be a good idea to set up a dedicated thread for people looking to meet up with others - and seeing as I've spotted another thread this morning - I said I'd set it up myself.

So, if you're looking to meet up with fellow travellers at the airport bar - state your:

1) date of travel
    2) destination

Good luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

Hi All,

Am heading to Sydney on DEcember 2nd and flying with Etihad, 1 stop in Abu Dhabi then on to Sydney!! Any1 doin the same route on that day?? Can I suggest a possible meet up??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

28th November - 19 days :eek:

Perth

Im all alone :( and petrified of flying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Balobas87

Ageeeesss away but jumping on the bandwagon here - Dub -Abu Dhabi Eithad 26th March 2012 - stop over and onto Abu - Sydney on the 31st Mar. CANNNNOT WAIT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Full.Duck wrote: »
    Perth

Im all alone :( and petrified of flying

Watch the entire 7 Series of "Lost" you will soon learn large plane crashes lead to tropical desert island adventure holidays.

No worries

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Bump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Arrived in Adelaide last night..... am here working till 18th Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Zambia wrote: »
    Watch the entire 7 Series of "Lost" you will soon learn large plane crashes lead to tropical desert island adventure holidays.

No worries

If i have to re-enact the whole series of lost id rather die in the crash. Or will i have already have died? Am i dead now? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭res ipsa

Watch Wolf Creek just in case you survive the plane crash!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eoindoyle_syd

Good idea.

In the slim chance there's some Irish going home for Christmas on this route be good to meet up.

Leaving Sydney on 21st Dec at 11am.

Going to Dublin via Paris via Guangzhou, China but......

.....7hr stopover in China
    .....4hr stopover in Paris
    .....3hr drive from Dublin

Oh joy!

The things we do to get home for xmas.....

EDIT: Didn't realise that this was a flying TO Oz thread....it should be in the flying OUT OF Oz thread...oops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

16th Feb
    Brisbane

on me lonesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

8th January
    Arriving in Cairns

Heading on down the East Coast over a couple of weeks.
    Gulp, also on my lonesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hawesome145

Leaving Sun 15th Jan w Ethihad stopping in Abu Dhabi
    Arriving 17th Jan, Sydney
    me and the missus,

we're bricking it, we dont know anybody over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

perth last week in feb :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

Melbourne on the 22nd via heathrow and hong kong. Heading on my own but have sister over there. Just hoping I can land a decent job and start saving some cash to finish my degree:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Melbourne also on the 6th March:D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭aficionado

Heading solo to Melbourne May 9th, cannot wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

will be heading over to near the gold coast in brisbane around end of january, cant wait to see whats its like there

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭E mc kiernan

Headin out to brisbane on the 22nd january to friends...but travellin on my own!!any one else goin that day??flying out from dublin, london hong kong etc

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

Headin out to brisbane on the 22nd january to friends...but travellin on my own!!any one else goin that day??flying out from dublin, london hong kong etc

heading that day with Cathay Pacific, but im heading to melbourne, might be same flight to Hong Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Attracta Mann

Flying from Cork via Hong Kong to Perth on Tuesday 17 Jan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

March as soon as visa clears (457)
    Sydney

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

7th of March Sydney bound via Abu Dhabi with Etihad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 deisePhil

Lonely Planet's Thorntree Forum is good for finding people to travel with.

Got chatting to a guy on it a couple of years ago and we ended up bombing around South America for 4 months.

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

skyboy87 wrote: »
    hey all im headin 2 oz in march was goin wit a girlfriend whos now an ex but since i have my visa and d money im gona head alone n backpack for a while which will be cul 2 but im easy goin n its my first time headin out so if der was any1 else headin out d same time by themselves could be gud 2 start out wi more dan jst 1 of us, strength in numbers n all dat haha. reply if any1 up 4 it im gud either way! :)

Mod No txt speak please - as per charter

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

skyboy87 wrote: »
    hey all im headin 2 oz in march was goin wit a girlfriend whos now an ex but since i have my visa and d money im gona head alone n backpack for a while which will be cul 2 but im easy goin n its my first time headin out so if der was any1 else headin out d same time by themselves could be gud 2 start out wi more dan jst 1 of us, strength in numbers n all dat haha. reply if any1 up 4 it im gud either way! :)

hey
    what part of oz are you heading for? im going to perth on my todd last week in feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 skyboy87

niva*sis wrote: »
    hey
    what part of oz are you heading for? im going to perth on my todd last week in feb.

not sure yet still havnt made up my mind, was tinking of perth but have nothing nailed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

No others for Brisbane so? :(

Edit: oh wait there is i just can't read properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 skyboy87

flights and hostel booked heading to brisbane the 13th march!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Kerry Lad

Heading to Perth 14th of March via cork, London & Hong Kong!! anyone else travelling on this date...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 No.3

Two of us heading from Cork to Brisbane via london and Singapore on the 26th of March.

Advertisement