Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flying to Oz Meet-Up Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 niamhiec

Dublin to Sydney/Brisbane with Quanta (via london -aer lingus) on 1st March

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rediguana25

Sydney bound via london 8th March on BA...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Anyone nervous about heading out here or getting to know the place i'm usually in Sydney the weekends, drop me a PM. I'm working up in the mines north of here but i'm back down to Sydney on the weekends to work on my pasty irishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Loulou1000

I'm heading to Sydney in mid April on my own, really nervous about it. Anyone else going around this time??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Loulou1000 wrote: »
    I'm heading to Sydney in mid April on my own, really nervous about it. Anyone else going around this time??

Hope its nervous excitement. I'll be there as soon as my visa clears. It should be late march early april.

• Advertisement

Hope its nervous excitement. I'll be there as soon as my visa clears. It should be late march early april.

It'll probably be nervous excitement when I'm on the plane but at the moment its just nervousness! Totally going into the unknown. Think the main thing I'm worried about is meeting people as I don't know anyone there, but hopefully everything will fall into place when I'm there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 emcollin

Heading to Melbourne on march 6th, on my toberlone!! so excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Me too:) Where you flying from?

Hi Zweton, Im flying from Dublin to Heathrow to Singapore to Melbourne!! long route I know, but keeping it cheap as possible. I dont arrive in Melbourne until 8th, where are you flying from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Micktown619

Hey Guys,

Heading to Perth on the 20th of March..

Flying from Shannon to Heathrow
    Heathrow to Singapore

Staying in Singapore until for 2 days (Friday 23rd March) when I fly to Perth..

Anyone else going to Perth fancy stopping off in Singapore for two Days for the craic? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 limmersgirl

Hey everyone, I'm heading to Melbourne on the 26th March -

Dublin - Abu Dhabi, then a 2 & half hour wait and Abu Dhabi - Melbourne. Going with Etihad. Flying all on my lonesome so I'm half excited, half terrified!

Anyone else going that way?? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Toothpaste89

Anyone heading to Sydney late May early June?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

emcollin wrote: »
    Hi Zweton, Im flying from Dublin to Heathrow to Singapore to Melbourne!! long route I know, but keeping it cheap as possible. I dont arrive in Melbourne until 8th, where are you flying from?

Hey em, same route only im going from shannon to heathrow:)
    We are staying in the same place too:) habitat isnt it?
    Booked into habitat for 4 nights and will play it by ear after that,how long have you booked into habitat for? I think flight from heathrow is 10pm or thereabouts! Heres hoping we get some nice weather:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 elleA

Hoping to move to Perth in May! Would like to fly Emirates and will be booking within next 2 weeks! Anyone else heading to Perth around that time? :)

zweton wrote: »
    Hey em, same route only im going from shannon to heathrow:)
    We are staying in the same place too:) habitat isnt it?
    Booked into habitat for 4 nights and will play it by ear after that,how long have you booked into habitat for? I think flight from heathrow is 10pm or thereabouts! Heres hoping we get some nice weather:)

Ha yes staying in Habitat too, ive booked in for a week and going to figure out what to do after that. Yup flight from Heathrow at 10. All ive been thinking is that in 3weeks time I'll be on a beach with a nice chilled glass of wine!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 whitewash

I'm heading to Melbourne on 10th April via Singapore :) anyone else heading that direction ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 limmersgirl

so there's no-one going to Melbourne on the 26th ish?? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 28 buffy86

Hi, juts wondering does anyone have any opinion on best way to fly to Melbourne from Dublin...which airline?? Any horror stories or recommendations (hopefully) to report??? :)
    Going there early July!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ellenanna32

I'm flying to Melbourne on 27th on my own too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ellenanna32

I'm doing the same thing we must be mad... Will be there 2- 13th of april?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 skyboy87

leavin 4 brisbane today, anyone else over der alone want 2 meet up let me kno!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Anyone interested in Pints/scooners in Sydney Friday 23rd.
    An unofficial Boards beer Sydney?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Heading from Dublin to Sydney on the 12th of April on my own with Ethiad,nervous but i cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 new adventures86

Hey ellea, heading to Perth by myself in May, did you book your tickets yet?
    Really nerve racking stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Anyone interested in Pints/scooners in Sydney Friday 23rd.
    An unofficial Boards beer Sydney?:confused:

You have mail !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 paulg22

Loulou1000 wrote: »
    well i am off to sydney 20th april wat date are u headen.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 elleA

Hey ellea, heading to Perth by myself in May, did you book your tickets yet?
    Really nerve racking stuff :)
    yeah leaving Dublin May 14th...arrive in Perth (via Dubai) on the 15th.. Bit nervous but VERY excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

buffy86 wrote: »
    Hi, juts wondering does anyone have any opinion on best way to fly to Melbourne from Dublin...which airline?? Any horror stories or recommendations (hopefully) to report??? :)
    Going there early July!

I flew through Abu Dhabi to Melbourne with Etihad on 3 occasions and had no complaints! As comfortable as could be for a long haul flight!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Fiona_2012

Hiya
    Booked my flight through Trailfinders, after trawling all the options they turned up cheapest. I'm going the long way, August 15th Dublin 1800 - London (Hrow) - 2200 Kuala Lumpar on to Adelaide arriving Friday the 17th at 7.10am. I have a 2 hour wait in Ldn then 5 in Malaysia! All this on my own, I'm not a nervous flyer by any means just sounds really boring!! I'm staying with mates in Adelaide, would be glad of a travel buddy if anyone is on any part of the route?

• Advertisement

paulg22 wrote: »
    well i am off to sydney 20th april wat date are u headen.:D

Im going the 11th April, getting really close now, can't wait :)

Advertisement