Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flying to Oz Meet-Up Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 elle19

Hi All, Flying out of Dublin to Brisbane on the 31-3-2012 via Abudabi alone!_ Heading to Gold coast for a few days and onto Sydney for a few days around the 6/7th of April for a week and then heading to Melbourne- Is Anyone in Gold coast around 2-6th of April and/or Sydney 7th April to 12th to hang out and sight see- I am an Irish gal in my late 20's travelling alone, but meeting up with people in Melbourne!! A bit nervous about the lone travelling so would be great to meet up with some like minded people!:) e:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Conormoules20

Hey flying out of Dublin this Sunday the 20th of may ? Flying on my own anyone in the same boat ? Let me know would love some company ;-) :)

Hey Elle I'll be in Sydney I'm I Irish guy in my early 20s ? Would love to sight see have no real plans my email is conoraaronmoules@gmail.com looking toward to hearing from you

• Registered Users Posts: 28 buffy86

Hi,
    Flying out early July, will ye be around then? Flying into Melbourne :)
    Mid-twenties female here and flying solo :)

Ya I'll be around ? The stress of flyin solo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 buffy86

Have you any plans made yet?
    How long you travelling for? and any idea what parts you will be in in July? :)
    Stressful indeed....but exciting too :)

Ill be in Sydney ? Not really any plans yet , have a job interview in Sydney just lookin to enjoy myself really ? My email is conoraaronmoules@gmail.com give me a email ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 debs1

Hey guys landing in Sydney on 18 aug! We should all meet up all the lone travellers!!!!

Got to Sydney today ? Any body need a buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Smile it confuses people

Flying to Perth on 23rd August through Dubai :):):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Arrive in Sydney on July 2nd, not sure if I'm going to stay in Sydney for a few months or else go north to catch the warm weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

Thinking of going in August, 22 Galway gal here terrified of going alone! Mail me if anyone going in August/ sept looking for travel buddy thanks :)

QueenBee1 wrote: »
    Thinking of going in August, 22 Galway gal here terrified of going alone! Mail me if anyone going in August/ sept looking for travel buddy thanks :)

I'm flying out of Dublin on 16 aug to Sydney

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ciaranmc91

hey, are you living there? im travelling up that way and would just like to know where would be the best place to meet other irish people that are travelling?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ciaranmc91

Loulou1000 wrote: »
    Im going the 11th April, getting really close now, can't wait :)

hey, are you living there? im travelling up that way and would just like to know where would be the best place to meet other irish people that are travelling?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

QueenBee1 wrote: »

Im heading to Melbourne via Dubai on August 21st if yourself or anyone else would like company.. Just had my Visa approved so I'm scared and excited in equal measures..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 karen90

debs1 wrote: »
    I'm flying out of Dublin on 16 aug to Sydney

i fly out from dublin on d 11th of sept i'm 22 female heading 2 brisbane :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Short fuse...

I'm currently in the Party Central that is Canberra. (I swear, I saw a tumbleweed go by). Flying to Auckland today, Wellington Wednesday, Sydney Thursday...through Sat. Wellington schedule is booked, but if anyone wants to give me a grounding for Auckland or Sydney...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Canberra .... nothing happens in Canberra*

You should have come to Melbourne

*Except the running of the country

Actually, I was in Melbourne before Canberra (Well, main destination was Puckapunyal, but I had a day in Melbourne). I just didn't think to check for a thread like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Manic, who left you out of the military forum?

The guys at Puckapunyal.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Ah here now, you'll be singing "I was only 19" next.

ner ner ner ner nine-teen....

I made Kiwi TV news yesterday. Donated to a non-profit, still people can find something to complain about. Hopefully the Aussies are a little less odd...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 m_89

Hey!
    Heading by myself too on Tuesday 18th Sept. Cork -> Heathrow -> Kuala Lumpur-> Brisbane. Anyone else heading this direction?
    Applied for my visa wednesday night @ 7pm and got approved by 10pm that night....ekkkk! No going back now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevgo

hi... i will be travelling alone to Sydney in mid sep, maybe 12/13th - booking it at end of july. would love to hear from anybody else who might be going there at that time. Anybody who'd like to share bit of the journey, let me know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SyntonFenix

Should be arriving in Perth on the 1st of September. Could be there a week or two earlier depending on funds. Anyone else doing something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Fiona_2012

Hey! I'm leaving Wednesday 4th of August to London straight to Kuala Lumpar! Flying solo anyone on that flight? From Kua I'm flying to Adelaide :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ben10afc

il be leaving ireland and landing in sydney in 2 and a half weeks!

• Advertisement

ben10afc wrote: »
    il be leaving ireland and landing in sydney in 2 and a half weeks!

Woo hoo I'll be landing in Sydney on the 18th August. Can't bloody wait. What's everyone's plans for when they get there. I'm staying with a friend for a couple of weeks until I get sorted with a room in a house somewhere and a job!!! If anyone is leaving Dublin on the 16th on the 20.55 to Abu dhabi then onto Sydney with Etihad I'll see yas there 😄😄

Advertisement