Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woolly cardigans Galway!

Options
  • 09-11-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hello,
    Dunnes have 100% wool mens cardigans for sale for 30 euros and they seem to be of ok quality and quite nice fine knit wool.

I was just wondering if anyone had come across 100% wool cardigans anywhere. Penneys are doing a wool blend for pretty cheap but they wouldn’t have the same warmth quota.

Womens or small size mens are both fine.
    They are for house wear so don’t have to be high fashion just warm and not chunky!

So any woolly jumpers out there!!
    :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Which non-chain stores have you browsed for this product?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Try O'Mailles on High Street. They do very good quality woollen goods, and a lot of Irish made.

You could also try Fallers Sweaters in Corbettcourt or on High Street; they do a good range, as does Galway Woollen Store (I think that that's the name of it) on High Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Hmmm, had a look in OMailles and the other wool shops on High Street I think it is, had a look in the wool shop at the entrance to Eyre Square shopping centre and also a quick look in Ryans.
    The ones I did see where either too chunky or a tad pricey for me at the moment. I haven’t checked the likes of Born as haven’t done a full trawl yet and happened to see the Dunnes ones when grocery shopping and got a Penneys one as a pressie.

Did you have somewhere in mind for me? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Fey! wrote: »
    Try O'Mailles on High Street. They do very good quality woollen goods, and a lot of Irish made.

You could also try Fallers Sweaters in Corbettcourt or on High Street; they do a good range, as does Galway Woollen Store (I think that that's the name of it) on High Street.

Opps, sorry, my reply was to subblest. Thought they may have a shop for me. Yep, they have lovely stuff in the ones you/I mentioned just not quite what I had in mind - may have another look though as it gets nearer the winter!

I love the chunky Arran knit but I would love to spend the money on a fab one to actually wear out rather then on something more for warmth in the house (whilst looking ok too!). I dream of knitting an Arran Hoody some day!
    Thanks for the suggestions.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Whatever about Galway, Dooneys in Sligo stock woollen tops / hoodies from Nepal. Decent quality and not the rubbish that is in the Galway market ( which is terrible quality and not fair trade either as are many more dodgy traders in that market) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I think that Ann in O'Mailles gives knitting classes if you want to go down the road of knitting your own one!

Advertisement