Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scaffold piercing

Options
  • 09-11-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭

can't post a pic yet as it is still covered in a bloody crustie but am curious about a couple things.

got a scaffold done yesterday. was fine for 3 hours then started to bleed, not spurting or anything, but a reasonable amount of blood, like this morning my whole ear was covered in dried blood. is this normal.

also i am not sure but i think the peircer may have pierced the lower part out a bit far, like it looks like it is thru the rim, rather than back in the cartilage as i would have assumed it should be, may just be me over-reacting, and being swollen it might look funny but i am not sure.

where should it be. i shall post a pic as soon as it isn't icky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Through the rim. You might of knocked it in your sleep. Scaffolds are harder to heal as there are two piercing sites that are healing at once but are connected

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Arawn wrote: »
    Through the rim. You might of knocked it in your sleep. Scaffolds are harder to heal as there are two piercing sites that are healing at once but are connected

so in terms of where it was pierced the rim is right, rather than futher back in the cartilage stuff. that is good to know. there is a nice big scab there now which i am gonna try leave til it softens off itself, rather than picking and causing more trauma

EDIT: i also didn't get any sleep last night, was (over-reacting obvs) afraid of drowning in my own blood!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ear piercings, in particular, will always be a bit sorer in the morning after lying on them and hitting them off the pillow when you turn over.
    You should google image 'scaffold piercing' if you want reassurance that's it's in the right place, but it sounds okay from your description.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Posy wrote: »
    Ear piercings, in particular, will always be a bit sorer in the morning after lying on them and hitting them off the pillow when you turn over.
    You should google image 'scaffold piercing' if you want reassurance that's it's in the right place, but it sounds okay from your description.

i think having looked at about a billion pix i am more re-assured, i think will all the blood i was more panicky.

one thing i know i haven't done is lay on it or hit it off the pillow. been driving me nutters but i have been sleeping exclusively on the other side since i got it done

Advertisement