Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expiration of prescription medication

Options
  • 09-11-2011 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭

My doctor gave me a prescription for Ibuprofen in February to help tonsillitis. It was a rather large amount and the tonsillitis was gone before I finished it. However, I am now having some problems with a swelling in my knee, and the doctor said I should take Ibuprofen to help the joint. Just wondering if it would be OK to use the Ibuprofen I already have, or is February too long to have left it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Should be fine,3/5 years is the shelf life of tablets generally...expiry date should be on the packet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

dahat wrote: »
    Should be fine,3/5 years is the shelf life of tablets generally...expiry date should be on the packet

It's in a bottle with no expiry date, just the date it was prescribed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It's in a bottle with no expiry date, just the date it was prescribed to me.

It will be fine,i coat tablets in the place i work,they have a good long shelf life.

Advertisement