Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is Rocks yard lane in Sandycove?

Options
  • 09-11-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know, cant find it anywhere online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

heading towards dalkey from dun laoghaire you pass fitsgeralds pub on the right, the spar on the left - 200 meters later you pass buckleys auctioneers and at the traffic lights after buckleys take a left turn down towards sandycove beach ( this is a 1 way street) the first lane way on your left is Rocks yard lane and i think the other lane on the right might also be rocks yard lane but im unsure about the name of this part.

have a safe journey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Thank youxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BobCoCork

I have just this weekend found or refound Rock's Yard,In 1951, I started my carpentry apprentisement there with my uncle Bertie Rock a small building contractor.His skills and kindness set me up for a very happy life,I am now 77 and in good health.The bungalow stands where our workshop used to be and is an appropriate monument to a wonderful man.He ended his days in one of those little houses in Dalkey which became so valuable in the tiger years.A modest humble man he would be astonished to learn he has given his name to a piece of Dunlaoghaire geography,Anybody interested in this can reach me at bobrocke@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

BobCoCork wrote: »
    I have just this weekend found or refound Rock's Yard,In 1951, I started my carpentry apprentisement there with my uncle Bertie Rock a small building contractor.His skills and kindness set me up for a very happy life,I am now 77 and in good health.The bungalow stands where our workshop used to be and is an appropriate monument to a wonderful man.He ended his days in one of those little houses in Dalkey which became so valuable in the tiger years.A modest humble man he would be astonished to learn he has given his name to a piece of Dunlaoghaire geography,Anybody interested in this can reach me at bobrocke@eircom.net

That's a neat thing.:)

Advertisement