Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungarvan Town Council bin service

Options
  • 09-11-2011 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

We're between bin service companies at the moment but need to sort something out this month to arrange collections - I saw an ad in the local papers from WCC that for €55 they will provide all-inclusive collection till the end of the year. I thought this was good, decided to go with it but when I called in to town council offices was told it's only for the rest of the county, that for Dungarvan you need to pay €150 for the rest of the year!! Bearing in mind there's only about seven weeks left in the year, so about two collections of each type of waste (which we wouldn't even have a full bin for), I think this is crazy. I've generally tried to support the local council with bin services but how can they expect anyone to pay that kind of money?

Anyone know what kind of money the other companies are charging at the moment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Red Harvest

If you have a car you can take a bag of rubish to the council recycling depot for the cost of a brown bin ticket (6€ ?). The size of the bag is really up to you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

The council prices are completely ridiculous. John Foleys garage (mace?) has a big bin behind it. You buy a token code in the shop, 3.50 for 1 1/2 bags. Thats what I did for a while when I moved house. hth.

Advertisement