Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Book Depository - 24 hours of offers starting noon tomorrow

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

dead or alive by tom clancy €7.93

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

"Dead or Alive" by Tom Clancy up now. It's in hardback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

Susie_Q wrote: »
    "Dead or Alive" by Tom Clancy up now. It's in hardback.

2 min to go - 218 remaining.
    It didn't fly off the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

Boris and Friends (Mixed media product) €6.67

Kids item
    An adorable bright orange fluffy Boris character toy packaged with an appealing board book. Learn your colours with the help of Boris's monster friends and everyone's favourite monster - Boris

such a let down!!! Boris and friends!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

So much for the theory of something fantastic at 11:00 0n 11/11/11!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Boris :confused:

I got out of the shower for BORIS????????!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

I rushed up the stairs and spilled my coffee. And two books I've been waiting for didnt arrive today which means it will be monday at the earliest, over 2 weeks from the order date. Book depository I am not one bit pleased with this carry on ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

brian_t wrote: »
    2 min to go - 218 remaining.
    It didn't fly off the shelf.

That's because you could buy it for half the price in paperback and doubt too many care about hardback books in this genre! Top marks to the book depository for marketing of this sale but it's been crap imho.

Final book will be at 12 right ? Wonder if it will be another cook book or something decent.

• Advertisement

i thought that was the final one,,

So what is this thing?
    The Countdown promotion will run for 24 hours, starting at noon GMT (10th November). There will be a new product available on the homepage for a great price every hour for each of the hours, the last one going up the following day (11th November) at 11am GMT.

tantipie wrote: »
    i thought that was the final one,,

So what is this thing?
    The Countdown promotion will run for 24 hours, starting at noon GMT (10th November). There will be a new product available on the homepage for a great price every hour for each of the hours, the last one going up the following day (11th November) at 11am GMT.

Says it ends 12 noon GMT here.

EDIT : yeah it ends at 12 so last book at 11. I get it now. Disappointing all in all I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

MungBean wrote: »
    I rushed up the stairs and spilled my coffee. And two books I've been waiting for didnt arrive today which means it will be monday at the earliest, over 2 weeks from the order date. Book depository I am not one bit pleased with this carry on ! :mad:

I've been waiting on books for two weeks now as well. It's unusual for delivery to take so long.

Unlike some of their books Boris and Friends is hot off the press having been only published this month.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

And it's gone.

Got 5/24.

Don't suppose anyone kept a log on all 24 hours books?
    i missed some due to sleep etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The end of a non-event, with about 170 Boris books left over.

jayteecork wrote: »
    And it's gone.

Got 5/24.

Don't suppose anyone kept a log on all 24 hours books?
    i missed some due to sleep etc

If you work your way back through the thread I think they are all mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

MungBean wrote: »

I'm waiting for that long as well! Was sure they'd arrive today but nope. :( Now have to wait until Monday.

Don't think I'll be ordering from them again, to be honest. They were cheap enough but I don't want to wait over two weeks.

flyaway. wrote: »
    I'm waiting for that long as well! Was sure they'd arrive today but nope. :( Now have to wait until Monday.

Don't think I'll be ordering from them again, to be honest. They were cheap enough but I don't want to wait over two weeks.

If your in a hurry for them then your better off elsewhere as they aint too reliable delivery wise but if your not ya cant beat the good prices and free delivery. I dont think it will affect me buying from them I just have no patience and considering I ordered 3 books together and one came on money its a bit annoying the others take a week longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Having spotted some posters comments about long delays in receiving their past orders, I'm just mentioning that I received my 24 Hour sale books in the post today.

• Advertisement

same here got my Gordon Ramsays Christmas one in post today:) just looked it up there so saved €1.22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

my 24Hour Sale booked arrived today ,but the book I ordered on the 4th didnt show up yet!
    The return address/postmark is now switzerland on the box , maybe that is why it is slower than before , i thought they were channel island based.

Yeah got mine today too, one of em is after getting a knock though, corner is mangled and there's a hole in the cover. Not a big deal considering it was 4 quid delivered but annoying all the same.

Books I ordered over two weeks ago came on Monday. Still cant beat the bargains though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

I agree.
    Yeah they're cheap but got stung when ordering a travel book for Morrocco (gave them 3 weeks) and even after it had been "dispatched" 8 days previous to my departure it didn't arrive till I was gone.

I told them I was going to post here about the service. Basically if you need a book in time for something special don't use these guys.

Fairly lousy and no apologie or even reply when I contacted them with the complaint.

But will prob use them again... but waringly.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

2 of mine from the sale arrived today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

All four I ordered arrived today in perfect condition. Delighted!! Can't wait to get the kids to bed so I can get stuck in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

no one can control the postal service. been using them years and never had a problem. got a book today that I ordered last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Dec4

Ordered the CupCakes book which they say was disptached on the day (10/11/11) but no sign of it yet. Anyone else receive theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭seventyeight

FLOOPER wrote: »

I agree.
    Yeah they're cheap but got stung when ordering a travel book for Morrocco (gave them 3 weeks) and even after it had been "dispatched" 8 days previous to my departure it didn't arrive till I was gone.

I told them I was going to post here about the service. Basically if you need a book in time for something special don't use these guys.

Fairly lousy and no apologie or even reply when I contacted them with the complaint.

But will prob use them again... but waringly.

This is complete nonsense. The moral of the story should really be: if you need a book "in time for something special" don't wait until the last minute to order it.

Considering it's free postage you shouldn't expect the same thing as Amazon 2-4 day postage, which you'd pay for.

I've been using them for years and found them to be excellent generally, no problems at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

three weeks is hardly last minute

Advertisement