Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corporate Style Video Editing

• 09-11-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I am doing a project for college in which I have to make a corporate style video about myself. Basically it will be a two/three minute piece showing my strengths, a video CV of sorts.

I have plans to show me in various settings sports, work and college etc. However I would like to have graphics appear in the video such as company logos, and professional looking text. I have looked at Windows movie maker and it looks quite amateur.

Is there any enthusiasts or individuals who would like to help. If there was expenses occurred I would try and support. Alternatively any advice would be greatly appreciated. Mods please delete etc. if you feel this inappropriate.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Do the college not have access to video editing software? If not could you purchase Adobe Premiere or something like that under a student licence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

jayj224 wrote: »
    I have looked at Windows movie maker and it looks quite amateur.
    Should be ideal for a corporate video so. Most of them are horrendous. It's the information contained within that's considered more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jayj224

Ballyman wrote: »
    Do the college not have access to video editing software? If not could you purchase Adobe Premiere or something like that under a student licence?

I am not a media student, I have contacted the relevant department also. I was just trying to get as much advise as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭golden virginia

For something like this 2-3 min try Animoto. Here are some samples. Try play with a free theme for 30 seconds,, if you like it then join for I month - about 5 dollars i think.
    I'm not so sure you need much video footage to present this kind of information in such short time - just use stills and it will animate these for you.

Important tips are that people find it difficult to concentrate on moving text and image the same time - it called cognitive load - just google it - google scholar. So my advice is think of the viewer - Keep it simple.

But like the poster above - movie maker is grand for this too.

remember for video - have a beginning, a middle and an end.
    http://animoto.com/sample-videos

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jayj224

For something like this 2-3 min try Animoto. Here are some samples. Try play with a free theme for 30 seconds,, if you like it then join for I month - about 5 dollars i think.
    I'm not so sure you need much video footage to present this kind of information in such short time - just use stills and it will animate these for you.

Important tips are that people find it difficult to concentrate on moving text and image the same time - it called cognitive load - just google it - google scholar. So my advice is think of the viewer - Keep it simple.

But like the poster above - movie maker is grand for this too.

remember for video - have a beginning, a middle and an end.
    http://animoto.com/sample-videos

This looks like the ideas I had in mind. Thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement