Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value for Money

Options
  • 09-11-2011 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

I am currently an O2 bill customer and my contract ends soon, I am looking to switch back to PAYG to have more control. Which company offers the best value for money in terms of free texts, etc... Ideally I want to spend no more than €20-40 a month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What network do you call txt the most? Do you use data? Unless you know that, its impossible to answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I work from home so any data I use goes through Wifi, my OH is on O2 (text/call her most frequently) and I use the phone for business purposes so I may text or call customers from time to time.

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Other-Products/Data-sharing-explanation-please/td-p/372858

You could put a second sim in a Huawei Hotshot device, mobile Wifi.

BostonB wrote: »
    http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Other-Products/Data-sharing-explanation-please/td-p/372858

You could put a second sim in a Huawei Hotshot device, mobile Wifi.

I'm not sure what you mean I'm not a mobile broadband customer, I have UPC in the home my iPhone uses it to retrieve/send email etc..

I am just wondering which Mobile company offers the best perks for PAYG customers.

• Advertisement

I'm just confusing you. Ignore what I said.

If you login in to your O2 account online it will show you a breakdown of your bills, by type, on network off network. You can also download an excel sheet of your calls on your last bill, so you can analyse that with more details, landlines, vs mobiles, vs which network.

If you are calling one network most (mine are 90% O2) then you might be best on the network you call most. If not and your calls are mixed then you might be best on a package that gives you more all network minutes for the same money.

When you analyse you bill you see how many minutes you use on average. Which will dictate how many minutes you need.

For me free calls to O2 is the best deal because I ring that network most.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

I'd say the best value for PAYG currently has to be with 3. I top up by €20 and for the next 30 days I get 3,000 anytime any network texts, 3,000 any network weekend minutes (Sat & Sun only), 15gb of data, 3,000 anytime 3-3 minutes AND I still have my €20, plus I get €10 back at the end of the month (not sure if they're still doing this bit). So you could just get your OH to move to 3 with you if it comes down to it.

Advertisement