Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway city dump

Options
  • 09-11-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

can someone tell me where galway county council dump is please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

there is none all the counties landfill waste ends up in greenstars facility near ballinasloe.
    barna waste has a public waste site you can bring your stuff and pay by weight on the headford road beside the site of the old city council dump.
    galway city co has a site at back of sandy road for electrical appiances and hazordous goods eg oil, paint and batteries you can drop for free I think it may only be open saturdays

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

county council waste information

city information

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

eagle10 wrote: »
    galway city co has a site at back of sandy road for electrical appiances and hazordous goods eg oil, paint and batteries you can drop for free I think it may only be open saturdays

I wrote them for years about taking paint. I'm really happy to see they now accept this as too many people just throw it in the landfill bin.

http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/WasteManagement/HazardousWaste/

Mon-Thu 2-4, Fri 2-3, Sat 9-1

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

ahem ... i think landfill is the pc term

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

Depends what it is you want to dump. Galway has no municipal dump for non-recyclables.

For that sort of stuff you have to go to the Barna Waste place on the Headford road or the City Bin place in Oranmore (just up from City Limits, heading towards motorway, turn-off on the right).

I used the City Bin place two weeks ago. It's €20 for a car full and €10 for a boot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement