Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's a biggy

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jebus pretty impressve alright. Would it be the biggest ever though? Although if its 90 feet on the face I suppose it has to be.

I thought Cortes Banks off of San Diego had much bigger ones recorded but I could be(and probably am) wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

With Micky on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

maybe it's just me but these huge tow in waves are strangely boring to watch. i understand the fitness, skill, planning, balls etc required to do this (which i have none of!) but it's not as exciting as it should be. The tow into the thicker but smaller waves (think laird at teahpu) is much better imo.

Then there's the guys who paddle into the beasts, they should be the ones gettting the coverage if you're talking about big ones, but i guess for non surfers it's more about the height in meters.

Eddie wouldn't tow :D

I think catching the waves below is much, much more impressive that the tow in stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH5VEz-bGgw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qonapNvJV7M

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

promethius wrote: »
    maybe it's just me but these huge tow in waves are strangely boring to watch. i understand the fitness, skill, planning, balls etc required to do this (which i have none of!) but it's not as exciting as it should be. The tow into the thicker but smaller waves (think laird at teahpu) is much better imo.

I think its much more impressive when they paddle them too, although something that size couldn't be caught without the ski I guess.

I also think surfers on more "conventional" waves for want of a better word are more satisfying to watch in terms of technique and that. On the big stuff they're just concerned with getting the take off and shooting down the line to safety and rightly so but as impressive as it is it doesn't appeal to me as much as someone ripping up and down the face of a wave or a really good logger.

Advertisement