Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 months in the last 24 months before applying

Options
  • 09-11-2011 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi again guys,sorry for all the questions,i have did the points test for a 175 visa and got over 65 points,but there is only one problem that is stopping me for applying for the visa,s.as showing here
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/175/eligibility-work-experience-study.htm
    It is asking me that i have been in recent skilled employment experience for a period totaling at least 12 months in the last 24 months before applying.But my problem is that i havent been working in over 2 year as it is impossible to get a plumbing job here in ireland because the recession is so bad and i have tryed so many employers but to no avail,Guys could yous please tell me does this mean that i cannot apply for a 175 or a 176 visa?any info would be fantastic guys and thank you all again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

I would be surprised if you could get around that to be honest.

A friend of mine is in the same boat because although he has done 12 months in the last 24 he was getting cash in hand for at least 8 of those which means it is of no use to you when going for the visa because he has no payslips/ revenue documents to back it up.

I suppose it was benefit fraud he was doing so he has no one to blame but himself.

Advertisement