Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass discussion on Joe Duffy

Options
  • 09-11-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

I just caught the tail end of a discussion on Mr. Fluffy's show about commercial bass fishing. Good old Joe spun lots of bias towards the commercial fishing interests basically dismissing any scientific and economic studies/analysis. He more or less said ecomic values attributed to tourist activities shouuld be disregarded in all cases. This is the worst case of Joe bias I've heard yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

J. Ramone wrote: »
    I just caught the tail end of a discussion on Mr. Fluffy's show about commercial bass fishing. Good old Joe spun lots of bias towards the commercial fishing interests basically dismissing any scientific and economic studies/analysis. He more or less said ecomic values attributed to tourist activities shouuld be disregarded in all cases. This is the worst case of Joe bias I've heard yet.

Heard it, and something I wrote before was quoted in it too - Duffy was a joke, had his mind made up by the "poor me" arguments of the fishermen and didn't want to listen to the alternative viewpoint. Thought Eddie Fahy was very good, in spite of being talked over a lot by the host and other guests, he made the point very well that a tourist bass angling industry could be very important to the economy, and that if discards were allowed bass would instantly be a target species.
    Joe is a muppet alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Ah ya good ole Joe champion of the people. He interviewed McDowell when he was minister for justice and was giving him **** about the conditions of irish prisons & mcdowell just had one line "why don't you ask your brother wasn't he in mountjoy prison for a while" Joe could do nothing except go to an ad break the twat

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

Must admit I felt Joe was on one side of the discussion.....not balanced interviewing , thats what I felt .....

as regards all this checking by Irish authorities at every turn.....I found this

difficult to reconcile with my experience with most Irish regulatory authorities

the impression was given Irish commercial boats were checked and double

checked while the other non irish commercial boats sailed in and out like they

were invisible .......no checks at all.......

I suspect there is little checking done of any area of fishing off our coasts....

as for the swipe at rod anglers on boats doing the wrong thing , found that a

very poor argument.......talk about giving out about giving out about a wart

on the Elephant hide..... :(

Advertisement