Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REQ: MCSA/MCSE books and reading material

Options
  • 09-11-2011 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Firstly apologies for creating a thread on this. I can see a few threads on these quals already but I dont want to hijack them. I was wondering if anyone has any current books they are willing to lend/sell books they successfully used for the MCSA/MCSE qualifications? Has anyone gone through the exam process recently?

Having read through the boards, it seems like the self study option is the way to go instead of a course. Im not working at the minute and currently job hunting, so upskilling instead of sitting on my hands would look much better on my CV. I want to get these knocked off and then if I am unfortunate enough to be still unemployed in more than a few weeks, work on the CCNA.

I read a few things about the quals that I was wondering if people could comment on. It seems the quals are a bit dated? What about doing the MCITP instead of the MCSE?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

MCSE(2000-2003) is being replaced by MCITP(2008)...and lots of experience <snip>

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/view-by-name.aspx

Good luck...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

MCITP is definitely more up to date, that said a lot of employers are still looking for MCSE's.

I have a full MCSA/MSCE training Kit:

Planning & Maintaining Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
    Implementing, Managing & Maintaining Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
    Managing & Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
    Planning, Implementing & Maintaining a Windows 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure

I also have:
    CBT prep logic course that covers a lot of the above
    Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows XP
    Designing Security for a Windows Server 2003 Network
    Windows Security
    Configuring Windows Vista Client

As you can see from the titles they're a bit dated but if it's the MCSE you're looking for they're still relevant.

Also have an asp.net training kit if you're interested.

All original Microsoft publications apart from the CBT course.

If you want them you can have them (collection only they weigh a fair bit).

Offer stands until the end of the weekend, after that they're fair game to anyone that wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Cheers Graham, PM sent

Advertisement