Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man vs Food

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 james405

Great concept for a show! Hate the guy hosting it do fierce cheesy! Some job, oversized steak challenges are seriously lacking in Ireland :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

Not that big of a fan. I like the host but the concept has no appeal. Diners drive inns and dives now there's a show. Not some fellow forcing himself to eat habenoro peppers or a 50oz steak

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stucass

Watched it in America and loved it but it has lost it's appeal now. After coming back here and realizing how tasteless most of the American food is, I couldn't imagine eating some of that stuff. The Steaks were good, but the Irish steaks are just as good if not better.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

I've seen this show a few times,and the thing that makes me wanna hurl,is not the amount of food he eats,it's how he eats,it's absolutely disgusting.
    Now I'm not saying I'm some delicate little flower,I've been known to hit a rack of ribs like a one man swarm of locusts,it's just I don't do it on tv....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

He seems to be getting fatter with every show. I would too i suppose. Worked in a couple of diners in New Jersey as a student. Not alot of "home cookin" going on. Miss ribs and buckets of crabs. Seafood is as expensive as sirloin steak in the seaside town I live in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

My main problem with this show is the fact that a fact guy who lives in the fattest nation on earth gets applauded, cheered on, high fived and wooped simply for the fact that he can stuff an unatural amount of food down his throat. The host is likeable enough but the crowds reaction to the challenges is unreal. The shouts of "you can do it Adam" or "you got this Adam, all the way yeah!!", sweet jesus you would think he was healing the sick or climbing mount everest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Not that big of a fan. I like the host but the concept has no appeal. Diners drive inns and dives now there's a show. Not some fellow forcing himself to eat habenoro peppers or a 50oz steak

+1
    Diners drive inns and dives is a much better show.the first part of Man vs Food is good where he goes to a few different places and tries the grub but the challenges a usually ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I enjoy both Man v Food and Triple D

the challenges have gotten a bit samey after several series, but its still a good show for foodies and has made me try a few techniques & recipes

• Site Banned Posts: 44 Pegasus Galactica

There is a great channel on youtube that deals with food, ordinary Swedish meal time. Its nothing propper but its worth a watch for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Volovo

Have to say I hate the program. Watching a man stuffing his face for half an hour. Don't see the appeal tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I love these "Giant Food" shows on Food Network like Man vs Food ad Outrageous Food.

I hate the guys they get to present them. They constantly talk and have to be in every single camera shot.

Get your fat mug out of the way I want to see another fat mug eat this 200lbs burger:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Watched it a few times, seriously didn't like it. The only reason I'll watch it again is to either see the directors cut and watch him have a heart attack or on the off chance there's and add break which just happens to have an advertisement for troicre or some either charity showing starving kid's, although considering the irony would be lost on Americans I don't see that happening.

End of the day, Woodies have a deal on Crown paints, I bought myself a two litre tin of sunset red, and it's much more entertaining watching it dry than some wonna be tv presenter stuffing his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Have you seen the size of some of the portions he eats, I'd say his cholesterol is through the roof.

Advertisement