Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Bulldog

• 09-11-2011 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Are they on the restricted breed list out of interest?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No they arent. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Cool My new pup is american bulldog/ small bit of presa canaro so I dont have to use a muzzle?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

oh please put up pics of this dog i adore the american bull dogs

I have tried it says invalid file for some reason when I try to upload it.

Its a cross then of an American Bulldog? Thats going to be some big dog when it matures, hope you know that!! :D

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Its a cross then of an American Bulldog? Thats going to be some big dog when it matures, hope you know that!! :D

Yeah but from what I researched they can vary from a medium to a giant breed.

I am hoping for about the height of a labrador, do they get much bigger.
    I will love her either way so dont really matter.
    Great company for my other dog.

Eh, it will be a lot bigger than a Labrador!!

Have you seen an American Bulldog and a Presa up close?? They are both far bigger than a Labrador so if you have a cross its going to be a very big dog i think.:eek:

andreac wrote: »
    Eh, it will be a lot bigger than a Labrador!!

Have you seen an American Bulldog and a Presa up close?? They are both far bigger than a Labrador so if you have a cross its going to be a very big dog i think.:eek:

Yup I saw the Presa but it obviously wont get as big as the Presa because its a cross breed. :o hopefully it is not sleeping in the bed with me if it gets that big :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

deisedave wrote: »
    Yup I saw the Presa but it obviously wont get as big as the Presa because its a cross breed. :o hopefully it is not sleeping in the bed with me if it gets that big :D

ha! it wont be....it will be on the bed and you will be on the floor:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

That is going to be one seriously big/strong dog!!

You've got to sort your pics out and get some uploaded!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Yup I saw the Presa but it obviously wont get as big as the Presa because its a cross breed.

You are joking right? Being a cross has nothing to do with it. That's like expecting a jack russell cross collie to be only the size of the jack russell. He could very easily be the size of the presa, could be bigger if the presa was the dam. Hope you're well prepared for mile long food bills:D

Shanao wrote: »
    You are joking right? Being a cross has nothing to do with it. That's like expecting a jack russell cross collie to be only the size of the jack russell. He could very easily be the size of the presa, could be bigger if the presa was the dam. Hope you're well prepared for mile long food bills:D

Ah I buy good food for my dogs so if they are eating to much ill just move to a cheaper brand lol :D

The Presa was the dame but its a female pup so I am expecting a very big dog, just not hoping for a dog that is going to be able to kick me out of the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

Iv got two American bulldogs great dogs very protective of their owners great with kids.Keep her lean until 12+ months her joints will need the best chance, walk her on grass for the first few months no path walking.
    Females fully matured weigh in aroun 85-90 lb. Happy bull dogging!!

TonyFella wrote: »
    Iv got two American bulldogs great dogs very protective of their owners great with kids.Keep her lean until 12+ months her joints will need the best chance, walk her on grass for the first few months no path walking.
    Females fully matured weigh in aroun 85-90 lb. Happy bull dogging!!

Do you muzzle your two and how long of a walk you reccomend for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

No i wouldn't muzzle them no reason to do it they are not dog or person aggressive. When my older lad was a pup at 13 weeks id walk him in a field for 10-15 minutes twice a day and give him a day or two resting at home. Iv only started to walk my lad harder and feed him more in the last two weeks he is 16 months.

Do you muzzle your two and how long of a walk you reccomend for them.

You dont need to muzzle them as they arent on the RB list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Shanao wrote: »
    Hope you're well prepared for mile long food bills:D

And mile-long by-products of the food too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

just looked up them presa dogs :eek: your dog is going to be a monster and a complete power house, but im so jealous :D

Advertisement