Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of gum

Options
  • 09-11-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

has anyone noticed this??...price of wrigleys extra gum was 85c in topaz yesterday.fair enough we only talking a couple of cents in the difference but why such a percentage increase??:S
    gone are the days when we were charged 40-45 cent

Comments

you can get a six pack of any gum in aldi 90 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

Heard they're made out of cats' guts.., eewwww! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Nodin_

I know for a fact that 5 years ago, gum was 60cent. If it's 85cents today, that's an incredible 70% increase. Gum is one of those items you'll find at the check-out of most supermarkets and that people buy on impulse, which is why they charge what they like. They know the consumer will still pay it. Yes it's a rip-off, so don't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Shop on Bachelors Walk beside the Bachelors Inn sells gum for 60 cent - always buy from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

ya its a balls....dey charge what ever they want,i didn even realise hw much it was until i read the receipt when i went home.my local shop(a tiny shop at that has everything from grocerys to hardware) from has always managed to sell cans of coke for 60c and a bottle for 1E and gum there is still 45c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

skinny90 wrote: »
    ya its a balls....dey charge what ever they want,i didn even realise hw much it was until i read the receipt when i went home.my local shop(a tiny shop at that has everything from grocerys to hardware) from has always managed to sell cans of coke for 60c and a bottle for 1E and gum there is still 45c

I bet its a shop thats there years. No big rent/mortgage, no fancy uniforms, quite basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Buy them in tesco or dunnes where its mid 40's

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

54c in centra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭lau1247

pound shop sells 7 packs * 5 per pack for 1.50Eur

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I refuse to pay the price in Topaz, the same thing in Tesco is 45c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭yuppies

I just noticed this the other day actually; there has been a huge percentage increase in the price of chewing gum found at the tills of shops/supermarkets.

About 4 years ago, it was like 42 cent or 48 cent, with the fancier brands being 52 cent. Now, following 3 or 4 years of low general inflation, I'm seeing chewing gum has risen about 70 per cent in price... not cool!

I just buy multi-packs in lidl now instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Multipacks in lidl as well
    the own brand gum doesn't last.

But here is it just me but when I buy a 5 pack I usually loose or misplace one or a few packs, literally in my house its like an easter egg hunt with gum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Wasn't there talk of an extra tax on gum to put towards cleaning up the mess that this stuff makes on our paths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

skinny90 wrote: »
    has anyone noticed this??...price of wrigleys extra gum was 85c in topaz yesterday.fair enough we only talking a couple of cents in the difference but why such a percentage increase??:S
    gone are the days when we were charged 40-45 cent

Irish people are happy to pay those high prices. Wages need to be lowered in order to change people's spending habits in places like Tesco, Topaz, etc.

Advertisement