Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ball Alleys/Hurling wall near Douglas.

Options
  • 09-11-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Anywhere near douglas or out around ringaskiddy that has a hurling wall available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Actually are there any handball alleys in use or such in and around Cork City at all?

Edit:

I came across this blog/site, Handball alleys Cork its a shame that so many have gotten into disrepair all across the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Rochestown Monastery has some (can't remember if it's 1 or 2), but I don't know if you can simply walk in or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

There are two alleys in Rochestown Monastery all right.The last time I was there I saw hurlers playing in them and there was no problem about access.That was 2 or 3 years ago.Douglas GAA club have one also and there is a covered in alley in the GAA club in Riverstick.I heard there is some GAA club near Passage that have a hurling alley but I can't remember the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Carrigaline GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Id say Rochestown too, there shouldnt be any problems once you respect the place as such dont leave any rubbish and that..The monks are great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

The name of the GAA club that I heard might have a hurling alley is "Shamrocks" between Passage and Ringaskiddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Shamrocks doesnt have one

Advertisement