Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucozade Sport

Options
  • 09-11-2011 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone remember the last time Lucozade Sport (the fizzy one) wasn't 30% extra free? Seems like they are milking it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm not sure what issue you are raising. Any offer can change. 30% extra free means it's an offer not the standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lorcanio

My point is that it isn't really an offer. They are selling 500ml bottles "for the price of 380ml", but you can't actually buy 380ml bottles any more, and you haven't been able to get them for years. Its just a marketing scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

so youre complaining that an offer has been extended and that you are still getting free product??

hard to keep some people happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Lorcanio wrote: »
    My point is that it isn't really an offer. They are selling 500ml bottles "for the price of 380ml", but you can't actually buy 380ml bottles any more, and you haven't been able to get them for years. Its just a marketing scam.

Some scam, they're giving you more than they charge for. I'm sure you'd be happier if you were to get less for your money. Some people just can't be pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vinnyirl

Technically it’s not a scam as you are getting 30% extra for free (based on the price of the rest of the range) [It’s called Sparkling Orange btw] You might also notice that the large bottles of Lucozade Orange 500ml are 30 or 33% extra free and have been forever as well :)

They do this for some simple reasons, people love bargains and are very easily manipulated. If you have the option of something at a "bargain" or something at a regular price 9 times out of 10 you will pick the "bargain" without even thinking about it.

By the way their not the only ones that do this:
    Coke sell small bottles for €1 and are flashed as as €1 special offer
    Fig Rolls have a €1.99 pack
    Jaffa Cakes have a 50% extra free pack
    Odlums have a special offer twin pack of flour (it’s the same price as two packs)
    Meanies have a multipack with really, really tiny packs inside for €1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Lorcanio

Cheers VinnyIRL, the only person who actually understood the post!
    I never noticed the Odlums one before either. Gangsters!

Advertisement