Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blood tests

Options
  • 09-11-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,
    I had visited a GP on knowing that some of my blood results (medical screening) were above normal range. The GP suggested I have to go for further tests and he took my blood sample (at a cost of €65) and told me that the results will be ready in a week to 10days. After 10days, I was in touch with him (through the reception) and every time he would say I am in touch with lab and expecting the results tomorrow. After a week, he would not even talk to me and everytime I called them, the reception says the doctor will call me when the results are available and another10days passed like this.

Its three weeks now I am waiting for my results and I am completely clueless what to do...:mad:
    Can somebody suggest me what should I do...
    Is there any organisation where I can report complete insensitive and irresponsible behaviour of this medical centre.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

Did you have any very unusual tests done? I have test done both in Tallaght and James hospital reasonably regularly and they always quote a turnaround time of two weeks and results have always been in if not earlier. I would ring the hospital (the lab) and ask them if the tests were reported to your GP, then you'll know for sure if he's messing you around or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

That's a long time to be waiting for results. Could you go in to the surgery and ask him face to face. It's easy for them to dismiss you over the phone not so much when you're standing in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gvgdhar

thanks for your replies.
    Once I did visit the centre but had to wait 2 hours to get to see him and was told that he will call me when the reports are ready. Anyway, y'day I did receive call from him and it has been sorted out.

Advertisement