Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a companies VAT#

Options
  • 09-11-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

How do you find a French companies VAT number? I done business with a French company last year and forgot to ask for there VAT number and now the company is not answering my calls and e-mails. I now know I should have asked for this detail before doing business with them. Any help would be great??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

Presumably it is on there invoice. You will also need to check that it is a valid French Vat number here.

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/

Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 32 deisefan

dbran,

It was not on the PO, I supplied parts to them. I have a company reg number but I need the VAT# for VIES.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

deisefan

How do you know they are actually registered for VAT?

Kind Regards

dbran

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They will be calling it a TVA number.

I think that all French companies are registered for VAT/ TVA, I could be getting confused with another EU country we deal with though, but they seem surprised when they find that UK/ Irish companies are not all registered automatically.

Advertisement