Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creating feedburner account for client - best approach?

Options
  • 09-11-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi there,

my client has 2 wordpress sites that they want to take a feed from and email these feeds to subscribers.

I've set this up using my own Google account, however there doesn't seem to be anyway way to give the client access to subscribers and other data. Should I have set this ip using my own Google account? Is there any way to have multiple users for the one feedburner account?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 web designer meath

No - for his feedburn, you should set your client up with their own gmail account - that way they can then manage their own account after you turn it over to them which I assume you will do. Let me know if this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Alligator Wine

Okay, I'm pretty sure they have their own Google account. But in order for me to set their Feedburner account up they're going to have to give me their Google account details? This doesn't sound very practical/secure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 web designer meath

This is what I do and what works without a problem. If you set up a Google account specifically for your customer for this job, then you can just turn it over to them when you're finished. This is a very practical and easy way and your customer doesn't have to share anything with you he doesn't want to. Make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Alligator Wine

sorry, forgot I posted this so only replying now. The client gave me his google details in the end and I set it up under his account. Hopefully Feedburner becomes more integrated into Google's suite in the future and gives the same user-level access in the way analytics and docs do (i.e. multiple users can have access to a feed burner account).

cheers for your advice.

Advertisement