Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Corps Planes Flying Over City Centre

Options
  • 09-11-2011 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Was in town today and saw 4 military looking planes flying fairly low, in formation over the college green area. They looped round and did the same again a couple of minutes later.

Anyone know what was going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Was in town today and saw 4 military looking planes flying fairly low, in formation over the college green area. They looped round and did the same again a couple of minutes later.

Rehearsing for the presidential inauguration.

If you were around the Dublin 7 or 8 area's this morning you'd have also heard the rehearsals for the artillery gun salute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This might interest you Stevie.

I paid a visit to Grangegorman Military Cemetery this morning and whilst filming this little clip there rehearsals started for the presidential inauguration.

You can hear the 25 pounder guns from the 2nd Fld Artillery practicing their 21gun salute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I think I spotted my GreatGrandfathers headstone on your video Makikomi..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 britespark

Id imagine it was a formation flying training session

Advertisement