Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing Pink Cabbage Palm (Cordyline) for winter months

Options
  • 09-11-2011 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a plant Pink Cabbage Palm (Cordyline) like at http://www.shrubsdirect.com/shop/Cor...tric-Pink.html

Its not planted in the ground but in a pot sitting on the patio. Its thrived well over the year

What is best way to store this over the winter. Should i put it in the garden shed or should i leave it in shaded spot in the garden

Either place i put it - should i cover it with a plastic bag to protect from frost

Thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Theprogardener

Cordyline australis; as the name suggests it is from warmer climates, Put it in the shed if you are worried, but make sure it is getting plenty of light. If you wrap the stem in some bubble wrap it will protect it somewhat and or put a clear bag over it.

Advertisement