Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do blind people....

• 09-11-2011 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

That bidet thread got me thinking. How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

When it starts to hurt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

When there is resistance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Smell the tissue??

No, I'd say they just 'feel' when they've done enough.

Like the way you can feel when you've had enough to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

When there is resistance.

Surely you mean when the resistance becomes less resistant?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Just bends over, Guide dog does the rest, they save a fortune on toilet roll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

This is where other senses like smell and taste become important

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

That bidet thread got me thinking. How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

...With greater possessed skill than those making stupid threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

Hair dryers. It just cakes and eventually falls off like the scraps you get under a sheep's tail. That's why blind people have their tails docked when they are young.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Handy11 wrote: »
    Hair dryers. It just cakes and eventually falls off like the scraps you get under a sheep's tail. That's why blind people have their tails docked when they are young.

The Blind have daggins?????

The Blind have daggins?????

Yep. Like a hippie's hairdo

• Advertisement

Hair dryers. It just cakes and eventually falls off like the scraps you get under a sheep's tail.

if they wanted to be a little greener they could substitute the hair dryer for a handful of sand. It'll stick to the necessary bits and can be dusted off with a little bit of folded paper.

Hair dryers. It just cakes and eventually falls off like the scraps you get under a sheep's tail.

if they wanted to be a little greener they could substitute the hair dryer for a handful of sand. It'll stick to the necessary bits and can be dusted off with a little bit of folded paper.

Excellent idea. Also, the grittiness will give them an element of comfort in knowIng what is or isn't loitering around the exit when they put on their trousers that may or may not be White.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

imagine going through life without ever witnessing boobage? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Masturbate too much and you too could go blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

..,-;'., ","^,,_' just some braille so the blinde people can read this thread too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

They wipe until it feels like it would be clean and then a couple extra wipes. Then they flush. Then, brilliantly, they take more toilet paper and dip it in the new toilet water and rub especially well, using the wet toilet paper as a make shift wet wipe or bidet, then use a new dry piece of toilet paper to dry themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Can people who can see actually see their own arsehole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I hope no blind people have read this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

orourkeda wrote: »
    Can people who can see actually see their own arsehole?
    Most of them just look in the mirror and see an arsehole looking back at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

al28283 wrote: »
    I hope no blind people have read this thread

I SEE what you did there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I SEE what you did there.

Oh. I see what you did there (no pun intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭mar48

I have several close relatives who are blind and I see nothing humerous or remotely funny in this thread. In my opinion, making fun of people who cannot defend themselves is very juvenile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

mar48 wrote: »
    I have several close relatives who are blind and I see nothing humerous or remotely funny in this thread. In my opinion, making fun of people who cannot defend themselves is very juvenile.

Sure they can, they have sticks don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I have several close relatives who are blind and I see nothing humerous or remotely funny in this thread.

Neither do they
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

They wipe until it feels like it would be clean and then a couple extra wipes. Then they flush. Then, brilliantly, they take more toilet paper and dip it in the new toilet water and rub especially well, using the wet toilet paper as a make shift wet wipe or bidet, then use a new dry piece of toilet paper to dry themselves.
    Been doing a little research on this topic eh Horseboxo ha ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Is this speculation or do you know someone who does this?

Wouldn't there be a danger that in stage two of that process, the wet toilet paper would disintegrate into little pieces that could be trapped in the region causing future discomfort and irritation to the person?

It seems like this technique would use a lot of paper and water as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭anticonno16

Should we have a Green tax on blind people?

They use more toilet paper on average and that's bad for the environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

This thread stinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I have close relatives that are blind. My eyesight isn't fantastic either. There's nothing mean spirited in this thread. I can see (one of the few things I can see :pac:) why somebody might be offended though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

no offence but its also ignorant to assume blind or VI people cannot defend themselves on the internet which is not true.
    blind/VI folks are perfectly capable of reading and posting on forums using different aids such as screen readers, speech to text programs,screen magnifiers etc depending on their needs.
    someone who was truly trying mock a blind person woud do something like make a transparent image with their comment written in it so that the blind persons screen reader cannot process the written text.

disability is a common target of humour/comedy,and there is a difference between humour and abuse.
    to give an comparison,there is frankie boyle and anything he has said about autism,learning disabilities such as downs and katie 'jordan' prices blind autistic child harvey [?],though people will always argue on both sides,from own view there isnt anything in it which is remotely humour a negative slant towards disability is just used as a shock stunt to hook contreversy lovers in.
    now another comedian; russell howard.
    he has a brother with tonic clonic epilepsy and has used it widely in his show,lots of funny moments about living with it as his brother,as someone with severe epilepsy have always found his humour on it and diazepam funny.

many of us with disabilities have a GSOH and can laugh at ourselves as well,people wont get through life if they cant laugh at themselves,for some people [like jim davidson] its the only laugh they will get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What's the problem? It's not like they're gonna read the thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Scruffles wrote: »
    no offence but its also ignorant to assume blind or VI people cannot defend themselves on the internet which is not true.
    blind/VI folks are perfectly capable of reading and posting on forums using different aids such as screen readers, speech to text programs,screen magnifiers etc depending on their needs.
    someone who was truly trying mock a blind person woud do something like make a transparent image with their comment written in it so that the blind persons screen reader cannot process the written text.

disability is a common target of humour/comedy,and there is a difference between humour and abuse.
    to give an comparison,there is frankie boyle and anything he has said about autism,learning disabilities such as downs and katie 'jordan' prices blind autistic child harvey [?],though people will always argue on both sides,from own view there isnt anything in it which is remotely humour a negative slant towards disability is just used as a shock stunt to hook contreversy lovers in.
    now another comedian; russell howard.
    he has a brother with tonic clonic epilepsy and has used it widely in his show,lots of funny moments about living with it as his brother,as someone with severe epilepsy have always found his humour on it and diazepam funny.

many of us with disabilities have a GSOH and can laugh at ourselves as well,people wont get through life if they cant laugh at themselves,for some people [like jim davidson] its the only laugh they will get.

http://tinyurl.com/3rzeydv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Wiping your arse too hard can cause blindness.

I'd replace a Labrador guide with a pigeon, just to see what would happen.

No complaints yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

After years of vigourous research I can safely say this is poppycock.

Gee Bag wrote: »

After years of vigourous research I can safely say this is poppycock.

Tee hee hee!!

Poppycock!

Advertisement