Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crab claws that should be on special offer

Options
  • 09-11-2011 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

I regularly buy crab meat\claws in the supermarket. It's a branded product that I buy. It is quite often on special offer and I usually stock up when I see it.

I was in the supermarket today and noticed that the crab claws were in stock but that the "half the marked price" sticker had been removed. This sticker is put there by the manufacturer by the way.

Is this just morally wrong or is there a consumer issue? Is there any point in complaining to either the supermarket or the manufacture?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Not an issue at all.

The stock was on promotion for a set length of time and the offer is now over.

Some deals are charged to the store at full price and then rebates given as per stock registered through tills.

This may, or may not be the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Basically, it doesn't matter what stickers are put on the product by the manufacturer, the shop can sell it whatever way they want.

It may violate terms of whatever agreement they have with the manufacturer, but those prices do not have to be passed to the consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

dudara wrote: »
    Basically, it doesn't matter what stickers are put on the product by the manufacturer, the shop can sell it whatever way they want.

It may violate terms of whatever agreement they have with the manufacturer, but those prices do not have to be passed to the consumer.

The stickers dont even need to be put on by the manufacturer.

We buy them by the roll and apply them for impact.

Advertisement